SERIOUS Jeep problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > SERIOUS Jeep problems

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
pmdowd6
2002 WJ 

SERIOUS Jeep problems

I'm sorry this is long but I hope at least some of you will read it. The past few weeks my WJ has been having some issues. The major problem is most of the electronics in the WJ don't work.

I took all 4 doors off May 24th and put them back on the 26th. The whole time I had them off it didn't rain and all exposed electronics and wires were covered in plastic bags so I know no water got in. That being said, ever since I put the doors back on the door electronics have been acting up. At this point none of the windows roll down, passenger side mirror doesn't move, only the passenger side lock works with my fob and using the lock button on the door, and the trunk is locked shut and I have no way of unlocking it.

I've read a few threads talking about similar problems and I've pulled the black boot back in between the body and door and there appears to be no broken wires.

Besides the doors, a few other electronics have been acting up as well. My dash lights seem to be fully turned on no matter how many times I try to adjust them with the brightness level. Also dome lights do not come on when any doors are opened and my headlights/tail lights do not flash when I use the key fob. On top of all that the EVIC doesn't display any information as shown below:

I've checked the EVIC and it says it passes. I've also retrieved the car codes and the only ones it gives me are unrelated to the electrical problems (P0122 & P1281)

Any help would be appreciated guys... I'm so lost on this one

Unread 06-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
bugaboots
2002 WJ 

Sounds like you could be having a problem with the bcm.
Unread 06-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #3
gordondude24
2000 WJ 

Have you tried unhooking the battery to reset the computer?
If not, unhook and leave it for about twenty minutes before hooking it back up. You never know, it might work.

John
Unread 06-06-2013, 06:06 AM   #4
KlampWJ
2002 WJ 

I am willing to bet you forgot to plug something back in or a single pin could have broke. I rewired all the speakers in my doors and had to pull the connectors. I also removed the passenger seat. Ever since I did that I noticed MANY weird things would happen.

Airbag light would stay on (this I found was due to disconnecting the passenger door specifically and/or the passenger seat);
Dome light would stay on even after car was locked;
Dash light brightness was maxed;
Windows didn't work (except drivers);
Only the passenger door would lock;
Memory thing didn't change seat position (something to do with the disconnected plug to a sensor in the passenger mirror???);

The list goes on... Point is a single plug in any of the doors can cause a multitude of problems. Double check them all.
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
pmdowd6
2002 WJ 

Okay so I have an update. I unplugged the battery for about 20 minutes and now the EVIC is displaying all information, my dash lights dim, and my driver side windows roll down.
Unread 06-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
WJChris

1999 WJ 

so what is left that's not working?
WJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #7
pmdowd6
2002 WJ 

^^ All locks and the passenger side windows
Unread 06-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #8
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

Double check you passenger side harness for broken pins or loose wires. Any pics with the doors off?
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #9
WJChris

1999 WJ 

Whatever you disconnected and re-connected when you re-installed the doors, check all the connections with a magnifying glass! That is the only thing you changed, so you need to start there.
WJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #10
cuttysark

yeah i second a short in the door somewhere as well..
re check!
cuttysark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 12:11 AM   #11
pmdowd6
2002 WJ 

Thanks guys I'll double check them again tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by its-me-B View Post
Double check you passenger side harness for broken pins or loose wires. Any pics with the doors off?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.