Select trac 4.7 Craig's list find - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Select trac 4.7 Craig's list find

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 08-30-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
Skater041930
2001 WJ 

Select trac 4.7 Craig's list find

Thought this was interesting as I have never seen one of these before, might be a good deal ? Unless something major is wrong with this jeep seems like it would be a good price. Just thought to post for thoughts and looks for people

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/4010045801.html

Skater041930 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
doorjamm
2000 WJ 

If i was in the area, I would be looking at it to buy it. I would check those codes though and see the running condition of the engine. 2400 is good though.

Am I mistaken, or does it have the camel pillars/ceiling liner BUT the gray seats, carpet, and door panels?
doorjamm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

Laredo's with a V8 and SelecTrac are out there as you've just found, probably the only V8 WJ I'd be tempted to bite on. Definitely a project Jeep and I'm betting its maintenance history is spotty at best but.... the price is rather reflective of that. A good DIY'er could have a lot of fun with it. If you pay someone else to do most of your vehicle repairs don't walk, RUN from that one. JMO.

I'm betting you could use the body damage to work the price even lower. That Jeep is probably worth 4,500 without the body damage, not with it! Good miles.

Definitely ask about oil changes and whether or not it's ever been overheated being as it has the 4.7.
KayCeeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
Double E
2000 Laredo V8

2000 WJ 

They certainly do exist. 2003 was the last year for that combo.

That looks like a buffalo rust bucket ...but I'd go look at it If I needed one and offer 2K or walk away.

( I would not take less than 8K for mine but that's how much I like it.)
Changes & fixes: Rear Addco sway bar & greasble bushings, upgraded headlights, upgraded tail lights, new hood struts (replaced 2X), new rear hatchglass struts, new radiator (replaced 3X), new oil pressure sending unit (replaced 4X), 2 new speed sensors, 2 new door lock actuators, new ignition key cylinder, chrome front tow hooks, Mobil 1 Synthetic 5/30, Purolator Pure One oil filter, EBC slotted & dimpled rotors, EBC Greenstuff pads, new front shocks (replaced 3X), new rear shocks (replaced 2X), new IRO steering stabilizer, new timing chain cover, new water pump, thermostat, new thermostat housing, new high pressure power steering hose, Michelin-X radials, new sunroof assembly, new single-piece lug nuts, new exhaust manifold studs & gasket on driver's side, new Durango alternator. Jeepforum.com sticker, Visit cobaltboatsforum.com when you can!
Double E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #5
Planetcat
2004 WJ 

Shoot, for that price, I'd buy it and use it as a parts car and stick that NV242 in my 4.7L laredo quadra trac II. Too bad I live over 3,500 miles away.
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
Skater041930
2001 WJ 

Ya about that buffalo rust bucket comment I agree with that, vehicles that were here there whole life look kind of rough of not washed alot, and in buffalo some areas atleast people neglect taking care of vehicles even proper easy maintence. I myself live here and don't buy from the city. The jeep I have now I got off someone from Rochester whom adopted it from his parents in Virginia there for minimal rust for a 2001. I never ended up lookin at this one as I can already guess its a poop bucket unfortunately
Skater041930 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.