Security system - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Security system

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
beachguard
2004 WJ 

Wj Security system

I want to disable the stock security system so I can install an aftermarket system. Does anyone have any tips. I'm installing a viper VSS5000

beachguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 01:34 AM   #2
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

When i installed my Viper alarm, i didnt have to disable the factory alarm, the viper controls it, so there Are kinda doubled alarmed.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 05:56 AM   #3
beachguard
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
When i installed my Viper alarm, i didnt have to disable the factory alarm, the viper controls it, so there Are kinda doubled alarmed.
What about the remote start. What do you have to get to trick the car into thinking there is a key in the ignition on startup
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:47 AM   #4
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachguard View Post

What about the remote start. What do you have to get to trick the car into thinking there is a key in the ignition on startup
I believe, there are chips (from inside the key) that one can buy, program, and stick close to the SKIM antenna.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachguard

Skim bypass module, all info you will need in my viper alarm remote start thread, search and you will find.
What it does when hooked up to the bus wire in the Jeep. While programing it, it copy the key skim signal, next tine need remote start, bypass module will send out the the copied signal, BAM!
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 07-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
beachguard
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Skim bypass module, all info you will need in my viper alarm remote start thread, search and you will find.
What it does when hooked up to the bus wire in the Jeep. While programing it, it copy the key skim signal, next tine need remote start, bypass module will send out the the copied signal, BAM!
ok I'll take a look at it
Unread 07-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #7
beachguard
2004 WJ 

Quote:
I looked through all you posts and I couldnt find it. can you send me a link
Unread 07-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #8
beachguard
2004 WJ 

Quote:
just found it. thanks
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #9
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Cool

Unread 07-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #10
beachguard
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Cool

Which idatalink model did you use?
Unread 07-26-2013, 04:56 AM   #11
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

I dont remember, but That info should be in my alarm thread.
Also if you ho on idatalink website, they will show which module correct for your Vehicle.

Unread 07-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #12
beachguard
2004 WJ 

Quote:
I dont remember, but That info should be in my alarm thread.
Also if you ho on idatalink website, they will show which module correct for your Vehicle.
well they have one that just handels the stock security system and another that does that and door locks. do i need the one that does both or can i just wire the viper into the door lock wires
Unread 07-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #13
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Here you Go,,,,
image-2436762585.jpg

Unread 08-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #14
beachguard
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Here you Go,,,,
So I finally finished the alarm instal. The Flash logic box works great you just have to pay really close attention to the wire diagram. If you mess up one wire it wont work at all. But it works great if everything is right. Now I just have to put the car back together and get ready for the next project.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.