Second notice on the airbag recall :0 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Second notice on the airbag recall :0

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSpiderwebshade @ JeepHut.com

Unread 08-08-2014, 07:07 PM   #16
losttech

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamapreneurSher View Post
I bought mine used 1.5 years ago and I've never received a notice. I did buy it from a private dealer though...not the Jeep dealership. Does anyone know where I could register to receive these recall notices? I have a teenage daughter and would hate anything to happen to her...or me! Thx
You can make an account here and register your vehicle has some cool info too like buildsheet any dealer work done.
https://www.moparownerconnect.com/oc...nersLogin.aspx

losttech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #17
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Or I'm sure if you ever have to (god for bid) bring it in to the dealer you probably would be the registered owner that jeep knows to send a copy to. I also bought mine from a used car lot with a warranty and sure enough a month later the ac crapped out. Long story short, the warranty company allowed JEEP to replace it and now I get a bunch of shyte in the mail from Chrysler. .
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #18
derekmac

2002 WJ 

My second notice came last week. We do have one good dealership around that people actually recommend for work, but I'm still not sold on this. If it hasn't gone off in 12 years, what are the chances it will?
Future: 4" lift and lockers

Build thread.
http://www.gofundme.com/d8jlwo
derekmac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2014, 08:13 PM   #19
atomb
2002 WJ 

I have the recall as well and have scheduled an appointment but have been on the fence about letting anyone touch the vehicle.
atomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2014, 11:13 PM   #20
PatriotUSMC
2002 WJ 

I have the 2nd notice sitting on my kitchen table right now. Not sure about getting done. Airbags are important but I don't know enough about this fix to warrant taking the vehicle in to a dealer.
PatriotUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2014, 12:05 PM   #21
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmac View Post
My second notice came last week. We do have one good dealership around that people actually recommend for work, but I'm still not sold on this. If it hasn't gone off in 12 years, what are the chances it will?
That's the same line of thinking I have. I found my 2nd two notices waiting for me when I got back from vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Electrons
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 09:07 AM   #22
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Went to jeep today for some random parts and asked if they had the parts in yet to fix this recall issue. I got the same response as last time. " No we haven't received them yet, check back next week some time." I inquired upon the first notice over a year ago. Don't really feel this is important enough for them.
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #23
SirSilvia
2002 WJ 

Bough my '02 in August last year, few months later I received the first recall notice. and now a few weeks ago I received my second one. I thought it was my clock spring also but all the buttons and horn worked. I've read that its the Air Bag Control Module in the '99-'03 models and failed a lot. They improved the design in the '04 and heard you can swap an '04 straight into any other WJ and solves that problem. No as to what exactly the issue or part the recall is for, I didn't see that on the recall notice. I'll eventually get around to getting it done.

being that this is my 3rd vehicle I've ever owned, first one being an '89 240sx and the other my motorcycle. I'm not terribly worried about not having airbags lol.
Unread 08-16-2014, 01:01 AM   #24
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

It's not "not having air bags" that's the issue. It's suddenly have them go off when you've not had an accident that's more the issue according to Jeep. Also I don't think fitting the 04 part will cure anything as the 04 models (like mine) are part of the recall too.
Unread 08-16-2014, 06:52 AM   #25
Ah673000
2002 WJ 

I live in WJ " everywhere" land ( Philly suburbs) ..... and there are still 100 s of them on the road here . Talked to local dealer .... They have never heard of one exploding on its own .

Has anyone on the forum experienced this unexpected event or heard of anyone experiencing it?
Ah673000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2014, 03:16 PM   #26
SirSilvia
2002 WJ 

Never, of the things in this world designed poorly. Airbag systems are among the best. even when they fail, they don't. if anything is wrong with the system, the circuit is powered off. so even if they're not operational, they won't go off.
Unread 08-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #27
BrianBSHS
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by losttech View Post
You can make an account here and register your vehicle has some cool info too like buildsheet any dealer work done.
https://www.moparownerconnect.com/oc...nersLogin.aspx
Tried this, I bought my WJ used and my address doesn't match the address of the home it was originally purchased for so it just gives me an error. :/
No way to enter a VIN to identify the vehicle.
BrianBSHS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2014, 03:30 PM   #28
SirSilvia
2002 WJ 

their website needs a good bit of code work. fails in IE, firefox and chrome. I have my full build sheet but forgot how i got it. only thing popping up for me is this BS site compnine.com which looks like it wants to charge me for it.
Unread 08-18-2014, 05:04 PM   #29
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

You tried this:
http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/j...527R%2527%2529
Click on Equipment Listing, on the left, then enter your VIN.

Sent from my iPad using Electrons
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.