Second notice on the airbag recall :0 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Second notice on the airbag recall :0

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 08-06-2014, 04:57 PM   #1
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Second notice on the airbag recall :0

Ok guys here's the scoop. On my first recall notice over a year and a half ago maybe? I went to the dealer immediately to "schedule" it and they said they didn't have the parts yet. So I kinda put it of for a bit and I received my second notice today. Few questions here.

1. Does anybody know where this faulty part is located. Is it in the colum??

2. And if so is it worth mentioning that the air bag light/chime is always popping off? Someone here said that's due to a clock spring. I'm not sure about it.

3: This jeep has only been at the dealership twice in the last 3 years. Fuel pump and AC system replaced. Anything I should do while I'm there for my 4.7 non HO? She has 118,000 on the clock and not so stock tires. Hehehe. Thanks

Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2014, 05:00 PM   #2
losttech

2000 WJ 

To check your clock spring just start your car and move your steering wheel back and forth fast it should chime and make the light come on if its the spring.
Mine was doing that and it was the spring.
losttech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2014, 05:55 PM   #3
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

I am not letting those knuckleheads touch mine, but, as far as I have heard, they add some components to your ACM, under your console. My air bag light turned out to be a bad ACM.
Sent from my iPad using Electrons
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2014, 01:05 AM   #4
Globetrotter
2003 WJ 

Airbag recall

Just had mine done yesterday. They told me they replaced a wiring harness behind the glove box. Don't think the clock spring is involved.
Globetrotter is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2014, 11:56 AM   #5
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

Never got a notice, although they send me advertising emails. Does it cover all WJ's?
KayCeeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #6
Stomper9
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
I am not letting those knuckleheads touch mine, but, as far as I have heard, they add some components to your ACM, under your console. My air bag light turned out to be a bad ACM.
Sent from my iPad using Electrons
Mine was under the console to. I took everything out of it before taking it to the dealer for the service. Airbag light was on when I picked it up turned out they had not plugged in the sensor all the way. Go dealer!! Pffftt!!
Unread 08-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #7
Prickett10
Daddy dubJ

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayCeeJeep View Post
Never got a notice, although they send me advertising emails. Does it cover all WJ's?
More info on this recall please. All wj's
Colorado Jeep Club Member #271 2000 4.7L WJ
1980 Ford F100 4.9L I6 <------- My baby

Man makes the weather then stands in the rain and says S*** its rainin
Prickett10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #8
Ah673000
2002 WJ 

I also just received the recall notice for the second time.

Based on my number one rule to keep your WJ running like new I have forgone the temptation to break this simple rule:

" Thou shall not allow a dealer to touch anything unless there is absolutely no other alternative. "

Or " if it can get screwed up , it will , and the dealer will never admit it"

I will take my chances on the airbag defect.... My dealer would probably get it to go off and distort my dash while putting in the fix.
Ah673000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2014, 09:00 PM   #9
Range07
2003 WJ 

Couple things to add. I had mine done about a month ago, and I also took my wj to them with the center console already taken out

Its a new output on the acm, I have pics of the installed parts in my thread in the general discussion, if anyones interested

However, I received a second notice yesterday, which surprised me since mines already completed. It looks like the same recall, M35, with no amendments...right?

One final thought, theres a seldom mentioned "rider recall" on this M35 recall, to switch out a part of the transfer case linkage. I asked my tech about it, he didnt know anything at all about it, so he told me theyd just inspect mine and not replace anything. They did what they said, and recalibrated the linkage (it worked fine before, though), and now it shifts just a bit more smoothly
Range07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2014, 11:44 PM   #10
SCAN-MAN

Went to the stealership also(against all my religious beliefs) and it said I had no recalls..04 4.0
SCAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #11
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

I've had four recall letters so far....two for air bag and two for heated seats. No plans to go back for either of them for the above mentioned reasons.......although the other half is getting a bit jumpy about the air bag one so plans might change!
Unread 08-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #12
Range07
2003 WJ 

The airbag one might be worth it, ive "heard" they can eithet deploy without an accident, or fail to deploy when needed. Either justifies getting the recall service IMO
Range07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #13
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Range07
The airbag one might be worth it, ive "heard" they can eithet deploy without an accident, or fail to deploy when needed. Either justifies getting the recall service IMO
Which is why I'm probably gonna take it in. I'm not a fan of airbags or dealership service departments but I'd hate for it to pop off for no reason while driving and cause an accident.
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2014, 04:49 PM   #14
MamapreneurSher
2003 WJ 

I bought mine used 1.5 years ago and I've never received a notice. I did buy it from a private dealer though...not the Jeep dealership. Does anyone know where I could register to receive these recall notices? I have a teenage daughter and would hate anything to happen to her...or me! Thx
MamapreneurSher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2014, 05:08 PM   #15
KJINTF
2002 WJ 

Lots more to the story
check it out
http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...-NHTSA-12V-527

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.