Seat Memory - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Seat Memory

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
RonWJ2001

Seat Memory

2001 WJ Limited
Im unable to program my seat memory anymore. The 1 button when pushed does nothing, the 2 button when pushed shows dr_1 on the radio, the set button when pushed shows dr_2 on the radio. The set button light never lights up anymore. I havent pulled the door panel off yet to see if the connector is loose or maybe inproperly install last time the panel was off. Does anyone have any ideas before i start taking things apart?

thanks

Last edited by RonWJ2001; 02-11-2011 at 11:49 AM..
RonWJ2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
RonWJ2001

I've now discovered that my seat memory buttons function perfectly when the key is not in the on/acc position (ie dont put the key in). The manual states to place it in the on position when setting seat memory. When in the on/acc position I have the problem stated above. Is this normal?
RonWJ2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
Mr_Grumpy
1999 WJ 

Sorry dont know but i have always done this without key in or when actually running engine ( no reasosn just ends up that way lol)
Mr_Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #4
CowboyPilot
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonWJ2001
I've now discovered that my seat memory buttons function perfectly when the key is not in the on/acc position (ie dont put the key in). The manual states to place it in the on position when setting seat memory. When in the on/acc position I have the problem stated above. Is this normal?
I have precisely the same issue. Are you able to program with the key out using the rest of the factory instructions?
CowboyPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 05:22 AM   #5
shockracer
14,000' WJ

2001 WJ 

Same problem here, i said heck with it and just manually adjust every time.
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.