Seat bracket help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Seat bracket help

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-13-2014, 01:50 AM   #1
Acc0919mc
2000 WJ 

Wj Seat bracket help

I think there is something up with my drivers seat bracket. its starting to tap/light pop when i move left to right, or hit larger holes. i have no idea what i should look for so any info would help. it feels like it might be coming from the back right area. I just want to do something before it breaks and i go flying into the rear seats at 55mph

Acc0919mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2014, 02:28 AM   #2
Locutus
1999 WJ 

sounds like the scissor part of the frame snapped. pull the seat and look at the scissors. ill bet an arm snapped at the pivot
Unread 03-13-2014, 05:38 AM   #3
AdamWY
2004 WJ 

Really simple to take seats out- 2 bolts in the front and 2 in the rear. Move seat all the way back, pull the two front ones, then move it all the way forward and pull the back ones. Gives you a lot more room May want to think about spraying some penetrating lubricant on the exposed parts of the bolts underneath your jeep. You'll see them if you get down there and look. After my bolts where out, instead of trying to mess with the wiring connector underneath the seat, I just rock the whole seat back and lean it against the rear seat (with seats folded down is best in my opinion to facilitate pulling seat out). Then you can get underneath it to easily pull the connectors. There's a red tab you have to push over and then just pull em apart. I find it easier to (with a blanket down to save your carpet) push seat up onto the back seats (folded down) and pull it out the liftgate rather than try to not mess up your door panels, etc by pulling it out the doors. Good luck.
AdamWY is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.