Rusty Window Strips? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rusty Window Strips?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 06-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
Colton800
2001 WJ 

Wj Rusty Window Strips?

I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the 4.0L I6. My window strips are rusting out. They are to the point where on the driver door and the rear passenger door, the body is starting to develop rust due to the window strips. I am planning on getting the rust on the body fixed, and replacing the window strips. Can you get those window strips from the Dealer or would you have to buy from an online source? Are they expensive? If from the Dealer can I get the item number, if known. Thanks

Colton800 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 04:21 AM   #2
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

$100 for the entire set on ebay. Up here dealer will cost you about almost $400 for the set of 4. Mine aren't good and the g/f's are even worse so we priced them out.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 05:25 AM   #3
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

I have a brand new OEM set for sale. Bought them and never installed them. $100 including shipping.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
Colton800
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmaveric View Post
I have a brand new OEM set for sale. Bought them and never installed them. $100 including shipping.
Do you ship to Canada?
Unread 06-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #5
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

When you get some, get the non factory ones like tn
he ones teamgrandcherokee sell. Unlike the fasctory ones the re-enforcment is plastic inside rather than metal so you wont get the same problem in the future. I bought a set and they were $99 plus post. They look identical to the factory ones and mine are coming up to two years old now and look as fresh as when I fitted them.
Unread 06-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
WoodsStalker
2004 WJ 

Bought mine from RockAuto, very happy!
WoodsStalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 12:19 AM   #7
Colton800
2001 WJ 

Wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
When you get some, get the non factory ones like tn
he ones teamgrandcherokee sell. Unlike the fasctory ones the re-enforcment is plastic inside rather than metal so you wont get the same problem in the future. I bought a set and they were $99 plus post. They look identical to the factory ones and mine are coming up to two years old now and look as fresh as when I fitted them.
Thanks for the tip. Im going to get them from Team Grand Cherokee. Sorry michiganmaveric yet again, but these are better with the plastic inserts, compared to the OEM Factory Metal inserts. Thanks
Unread 06-22-2013, 02:53 AM   #8
mountaintracker
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton800 View Post
Thanks for the tip. Im going to get them from Team Grand Cherokee. Sorry michiganmaveric yet again, but these are better with the plastic inserts, compared to the OEM Factory Metal inserts. Thanks
When you buy them from Team Grand Cherokee, they also come with a removal tool. It works even faster and easier than a wooden block at getting the old one off. I've since kept the tool in my jeep and found hundreds of other uses for it....
Unread 06-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #9
walkerswj
2004 WJ 

i just replaced mine with rockauto replacements. I think i only paid about 20 a window. it was really easy to do.
walkerswj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #10
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

make sure you ask team grand cherokee if they have the tool though i ordered the mouldings and paid like 12 bucks more for the tool and it never showed up with the set. i called them to check on it and they said they were on back order. I you tubed the install and it was kind of hard to do it w
ith out the tool. come to think of it 2 months later I still havent recieved it..
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.