Running a Spartan Locker in Front Dana 30 (Selec Trac)? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Running a Spartan Locker in Front Dana 30 (Selec Trac)?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 01-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #16
Terminator2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetcat View Post
On tight turns, you will get some clicking which I believe is the locker trying to stay disengaged, since no torque is being applied to it. In my XJ, the clicking is barely noticeable. In 4WD, it's completely quiet. I put regular Valvoline 80W-90 dino gear oil in the diff, too.
I use mobile 1 75W-140 synthetic gear oil so it should be as quiet as possible. A little clicking will not bother me honestly. I will have a super 10 or super 44 (not sure yet) series flowmaster dumped underneath so I will not be able to hear it anyway LOL.

Terminator2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #17
FrankTheDank
1999 WJ 

Get a super 70 flow master, gets rid of that ricer sound u get with a 4.0, and it's so tuff I call it my spare skid plate
::4.0::42RE::242::Carolina Driveline::Spartan Locked D30::Aussie locked 44A::4.56!!!::4'' IRO LA::33/12'' Retreads::4"BS wheels::IRO T case skid::2 12'' Kenwood Subs 1000 Watt Kenwood Amp::Iceland Winch Bumper::Smittybilt XRC8::
STOCK 97 ZJ LAREDO-Daily Driver
Quote:
I don't need to lie...that way I never have to remember what I said
FrankTheDank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #18
FrankTheDank
1999 WJ 

And I can't even hear my locker unless I'm on slick rock in 4 lo
::4.0::42RE::242::Carolina Driveline::Spartan Locked D30::Aussie locked 44A::4.56!!!::4'' IRO LA::33/12'' Retreads::4"BS wheels::IRO T case skid::2 12'' Kenwood Subs 1000 Watt Kenwood Amp::Iceland Winch Bumper::Smittybilt XRC8::
STOCK 97 ZJ LAREDO-Daily Driver
Quote:
I don't need to lie...that way I never have to remember what I said
FrankTheDank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #19
Terminator2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheDank View Post
And I can't even hear my locker unless I'm on slick rock in 4 lo
That is a good thing considering we have full time hubs.
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #20
Terminator2

Quote:
Get a super 70 flow master, gets rid of that ricer sound u get with a 4.0, and it's so tuff I call it my spare skid plate
I have a 2002 4.7 V8 Limited with selec trac. I have a rare beast. Most selec trac WJs are 4.0 I-6 Laredos. It has no skid plates, tow hooks or hitch but it has a trans cooler on it LOL.
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #21
unclewilson2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

running aussies in my tj front and back ! Id go selectable in front next time but i do like them!!
unclewilson2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #22
Terminator2

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclewilson2 View Post
running aussies in my tj front and back ! Id go selectable in front next time but i do like them!!
The cost to benefits is just not worth it for me. An extra $1000 for a Ox locker or and ARB with the onboard air is just way out of my budget right now.
Unread 10-11-2013, 12:39 AM   #23
MichiganDuck

Quote:
No mine only locks when in 4wd... That any 4wd part time or full time.. when I'm in two wheel drive I can hardly notice it and cant hear it
How does it do on-road in snow when in 4wd?
MichiganDuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #24
Duh

I ran lockrites and detoits in the front before. Chance of understeer is quite a bit greater. Limited slip is much friendlier on road.
Duh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.