RUCA ball joint nut. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > RUCA ball joint nut.

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
pittdogg
2000 WJ 

RUCA ball joint nut.

Hey, Im about to replace my rear upper control arm and ball joint. The nut that holds my RUCA onto the ball joint is corroded to hell, I can't even tell what size socket to use on it.

My new ball joint didn't come with the nut. So my question is, can anyone tell ne what kind of nut holds the arm on the nut? Is it special or can I go to a hardware store and get a nut that fits? The dealer said they don't stock it.

Thx

pittdogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
Tollmtn
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittdogg View Post
Hey, Im about to replace my rear upper control arm and ball joint. The nut that holds my RUCA onto the ball joint is corroded to hell, I can't even tell what size socket to use on it.

My new ball joint didn't come with the nut. So my question is, can anyone tell ne what kind of nut holds the arm on the nut? Is it special or can I go to a hardware store and get a nut that fits? The dealer said they don't stock it.

Thx
My original nut was a 14mm coarse (2.0) flanged locking nut very much like the nuts on LCAs. The socket size on mine is 21mm. A replacement RUCA ball joint I bought came with a nylon locking nut like you could buy at any decent size hardware store except it had a slight flange on it.
Tollmtn is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
pittdogg
2000 WJ 

Thx for the responce, is that all I need to hold it in place?
pittdogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 06:21 AM   #4
Tollmtn
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittdogg View Post
Thx for the responce, is that all I need to hold it in place?
Yes. And if it does not have a flange you may need a flat washer. If you get a flat washer get the smallest outside diameter washer that will go on a 14mm bolt because there is a recessed area it has to fit in. When you look at the top of the A arm you will see what I mean.
Tollmtn is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.