rubicon express shocks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > rubicon express shocks

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #1
mrmef
2004 WJ 

rubicon express shocks

are they any good? im about to buy my first lift a bb and i was thinking about going with the rubicon express bb, just wondering if anybody was running these shocks, if they last, and hows the ride quality.....thanks guys

mrmef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

The twin tubes are pretty much the same as all other twintube shocks, like skyjacker, rough country, and other basic shocks. The monotubes are pretty decent.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
Androoos
2001 WJ 

A friend ordered a set of RE's for his TJ back on Jan 3rd. Still haven't arrived. I guess RE (and many other shock manufacturers) are on backorder. Make sure you check to see if they are in stock before you order to avoid delays.

Also, above is correct. The twin tube shocks are the same as anyone else, really. For not that much more, invest in some Bilstein monotubes, they are worth the extra money. Deals can be had for about $75 each shipped.
Unread 01-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
mrmef
2004 WJ 

thanks for the advice guys im gunna go with the Bilstein 5100 and a 2" coil spacer lift
mrmef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
WJ04
2004 WJ 

RE twintubes arn't that great, but the RE monotubes are one of the best.
2004 WJ Laredo-selectrac 242-I6- Custom XJ intake w/Amsoil cone filter- PSC HD Pump & Res- PSC ported box- B&M trans cooler- B&M PS cooler- Custom chevy 1 Ton over the knuckle steering- Rough Stuff 1 Ton tierod & draglink ends- Saguaro 4x4 Front 3/4" shackles, Rear hitch & Warn 3/4" shackle-Mopar Front skid,Gastank skid -IRO TC skid- RRO super sliders- 6.5'' IRO critical path lift -IRO extended rear arms-Bilstein 5125 shocks -IRO F&R 6.5'' Bump stops-Carolina drive shaft-16x7 black soft 8's - 34'' Super swampers-Yukon 4.11 gears -Ultimate RCV shafts - LockRight Locked ECGS bolt in rear D60 -35 spline Chomloy shafts -BTF HD diff cover -IRO Adj A-arm-OX Locked super D30 -OX HD diff cover -OX drive away lock-Rock Krawler d30 truss-Stillen rotors & Matrix pads-JKS Adj Track Bar-JKS Quicker discos -Relocated OME SD-40 Steering Stabilizer-BDS stabilizer brackets-Relocated washer bottle-Removed rear sway bar-Cobra CB-TomTom one XL navi-alpine deck

Still to come: Flowmaster 50suv

October 2011 GCOTM Winner

Some of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LockedWJ?feature=mhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
I burnout on puppies and kittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Lets not and say we didn't.
WJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
Androoos
2001 WJ 

I think you will be happy with your choice. I'm loving mine. A coil lift would be better but more expensive. Either way it's a good and easy lift to install.
Unread 01-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #7
Kolak
Vendor

The RE shocks have been an excellent product but unfortunately they've been out of them for months.

I would suggest the Bilstein 5100 series - they offer impressive on and offroad performance as well.

PM me if you'd like a set
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.