Rezzepa? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rezzepa?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 11-24-2013, 12:46 AM   #1
Cassafrass
2000 WJ 

Rezzepa?

I've looked for quite a bit of info but I can't seem to find any clear information. Being a primarily wrangler girl I'm new to this term haha Tom Wood's Website was incredibly helpful. I found out that I have the rezeppa-rezeppa configuration. I've read a few guys on here say that this type of driveshaft only lasted between 100 yards and like 4 weeks with a lift.

I'm debating right now between 3"-4" of lift. From what I understand any type of lifting needs a new front drive shaft, correct?

Why?

I'm new to these drive shafts and would love for someone to shed some light on this for me. Just curiosity. Could I just replace it with a double cardan shaft from another WJ or would it be best to get one custom made? Thanks guys.

Cassafrass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 01:01 AM   #2
mycreativename
1999 WJ 

I've been running a 2.5" lift for almost a year now and my rezeppa-rezeppa shaft hasn't died on me yet (knock on wood).

Simply put those shafts (more importantly, the joints) were designed with less of a tolerance for a sharper angle between the ends.

You can definitely swap one of the "better" shafts over from another WJ, but I'll let someone else talk about the intricacies of that, because depending on the transfer case as well which yoke is one which end and some other factors, there are certain shafts to keep your eyes open for. (I say this, because I know there are a few ZJ shafts you can swap over as well)
mycreativename is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

You're not going to know if you will need a new driveshaft until you lift it. Look into a ZJ Double Cardon driveshaft swap.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
doorjamm
2000 WJ 

My front rezzepa driveshaft failed and I bought the double Cardon kit from IRO to replace it. That comes with a driveshaft and both yokes for it.

I'm running 6.5" of lift
doorjamm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorjamm View Post
My front rezzepa driveshaft failed and I bought the double Cardon kit from IRO to replace it. That comes with a driveshaft and both yokes for it.

I'm running 6.5" of lift
With your size lift that's a good call, getting a beefy driveshaft. But for a 3" lift adding a $400 driveshaft sounds expensive. I'd look for a used ZJ DC driveshaft and save $350... But then again, maybe I'm just a cheap ***.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #6
Cassafrass
2000 WJ 

As long as it's double cardan I should be good for the 3-4 inches right? I mean out of a zj or wj.
Cassafrass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
mycreativename
1999 WJ 

Yea you'll be fine.

Sent from my blimp fortress using my carrier pigeons.
mycreativename is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.