Replaced Trans solenoid, still pulling 0700 code - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Replaced Trans solenoid, still pulling 0700 code

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW ZJ Grand Cherokee Tube DoorsGibson WK HEMI 3" Catback - 5 Day Special!

Unread Yesterday, 08:54 PM   #1
messiah
2003 WJ 

Replaced Trans solenoid, still pulling 0700 code

Hey all,

Got the generic 0700 code on my WJ, was in limp mode. Went and had it read, and came up 0750 (trans solenoid), figured it was the solenoid, so I replaced it. No more limp mode, but still pulling generic 0700 code via key trick. Yes, I unhooked the battery first to clear codes. It also seems to have a little less pep than it should (my 97 5.2 was way faster as an example). Anyone else have this problem? I'm going to have it read by an obd3 reader tomorrow, but wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem before. FYI 4.7L V8 and 545RFE trans. Is this normal until the PCM and TCM figure out things are normal? I expected the code to be cleared. Any advice, even far fetched would be helpful. I hate trans work, but I'll do what it takes. Thanks in advance.

messiah is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 07:31 AM   #2
car5car
2002 M-38 

clear code
Unread Today, 07:23 PM   #3
messiah
2003 WJ 

I already stated that I cleared the code. I went to the local advance auto parts and had them scan the codes, they couldn't pull a trans code. The key trick still shows 0700. A guy who was standing outside smoking happened to be a mechanic, and had a scanner in his car, so he offered to pull the codes for me. He actually pulled 4 codes, 0100, 0750, 0765, and a weird one, c2400 (which he said I'd probably need the Chrysler Starscan tool to diagnose, meaning I'd need to go to the dealer. 0100 I think is mass airflow, I'll look it up to make sure. 0750 is the trans solenoid. I just replaced it yesterday, it seems to work fine. Shifts smoothly through all gears. 0765 is Underdrive Solenoid Circuit fault.

There is no check engine light (there wasn't before I replaced the solenoid though), the trans shifts properly, and yes, the trans fluid is at the proper level.

Here are the possible causes for the 0765:

Dirty transmission fluid
Low transmission fluid
Faulty UD solenoid valve
UD harness is open or shorted
UD solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection

The last is the only thing that I could see as possible. It was kind of a pain in the *** getting the 23 pin connector to seat. When I removed the connector from the original solenoid it came out SUPER easy. It seemed rather difficult to connect to the new solenoid however.

Any thoughts?
messiah is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.