Replaced Headlight Housing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Replaced Headlight Housing

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
wconkle
2004 WJ 

Replaced Headlight Housing

Last year, I polished my stock housings, as they were becoming cloudy. They looked great, but by one year, they looked pretty bad again, despite using the UV protectant.
It was a lot of work to polish them, and I found a set of decently priced housings on Amazon, so I figured I would give it a try. I got the silvered housings to replace my factory black housings. I think it looks much better.

Before:
abefore-1.jpg
abefore-2.jpg

After:
after-2.jpg
after-1.jpg

These are Eagle Eyes and cost $85 from the link below.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The light output is excellent with Silverstars, and the light pattern is decent, although a little ragged on the top edge. They are much easier to adjust than the stock item.

Wes

wconkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
242forme
1977 CJ5 

I have the Eagle Eye brand on my '99 Laredo. I ordered the Limited style, and they work great. I've had them for a little over a year. I'm very happy with them.
pic-009.jpg  
242forme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
Ravie
1999 WJ 

I shouldn't tell you I got Eagle brand from Rock Auto for 90 *total*....

I also went Limited style. Who thought black housings would put off good light? They should have all been silver.
Unread 12-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravie View Post
I also went Limited style. Who thought black housings would put off good light? They should have all been silver.
I hope you are joking. The housing has nothing to do with light output, as many factory housings are black. The reflector is always chrome, no matter what, and that's all that matters.
Unread 12-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #5
Ravie
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post

I hope you are joking. The housing has nothing to do with light output, as many factory housings are black. The reflector is always chrome, no matter what, and that's all that matters.
Yeah...sure...I was....um....joking...

Hahaha

No, I'm sure you're right.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.