repair shop needed in Cary,nc - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > repair shop needed in Cary,nc

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 01-26-2014, 06:56 PM   #1
detroitrust
2002 WJ 

repair shop needed in Cary,nc

Don't crap on me just yet… I'm new and have been trying to find the location on this site for recommended repair shops (when required).

Live in Cary, NC and need a shop, not a dealer. Have a wj with 108K, 4.oL

Thanks and sorry if missed this info someplace.

detroitrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #2
bessyboy
2001 WJ 

What kind of work do you need done?
Unread 01-26-2014, 07:17 PM   #3
detroitrust
2002 WJ 

This Jeep is a recent purchase and going to my daughter. Need someone to review for a oil leak that is at the a valve cover or head. Also a loud ticking that could be an exhaust manifold or one noisy lifter.

I just don't have the time to spend with this truck so I was hoping to find a trustworthy shop.

When it comes back to me in May, I can spend more time doing maintenance and tlc work.
Unread 01-26-2014, 07:22 PM   #4
bessyboy
2001 WJ 

I would suggest taking it to a school with an auto tech class(if you have any in your area, there are many up here that's why I would suggest) they will look at it for free and do any repairs for free you just have to pay for parts. The students are closely watched by the teachers during all repairs.
Unread 01-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #5
detroitrust
2002 WJ 

ha.. appreciate you thinking outside the box. I took shop. I don't want to set the tone for my relationship with this jeep by leaving her at a high school shop.

I know there is some talent around town. Does this site have a recommended shop list/ forum category?
Unread 01-26-2014, 08:46 PM   #6
Calaborous
2002 WJ 

It's not in Cary, but I have had very good experiences at Fuquay Tire located in downtown Fuquay Varina.

I've lived in this area for the past 31 years and tried at least half a dozen shops and not been satisfied until I found Fuquay Tire.

What are you looking to have done?
Calaborous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 12:41 AM   #7
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

Try posting here http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/
Johnyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 07:39 AM   #8
Double E
2000 Laredo V8

2000 WJ 

I can add that the dealers in the area are not great. I only go to them for what I them to do as opppsed to figuring it out. Eaxh time I ask for diagnosis they miss it or replaxe something that was not the issue.
Changes & fixes: Rear Addco sway bar & greasble bushings, upgraded headlights, upgraded tail lights, new hood struts (replaced 2X), new rear hatchglass struts, new radiator (replaced 3X), new oil pressure sending unit (replaced 4X), 2 new speed sensors, 2 new door lock actuators, new ignition key cylinder, chrome front tow hooks, Mobil 1 Synthetic 5/30, Purolator Pure One oil filter, EBC slotted & dimpled rotors, EBC Greenstuff pads, new front shocks (replaced 3X), new rear shocks (replaced 2X), new IRO steering stabilizer, new timing chain cover, new water pump, thermostat, new thermostat housing, new high pressure power steering hose, Michelin-X radials, new sunroof assembly, new single-piece lug nuts, new exhaust manifold studs & gasket on driver's side, new Durango alternator. Jeepforum.com sticker, Visit cobaltboatsforum.com when you can!
Double E is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #9
joshua106
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E
I can add that the dealers in the area are not great. I only go to them for what I them to do as opppsed to figuring it out. Eaxh time I ask for diagnosis they miss it or replaxe something that was not the issue.
Adding to what he said, I had a grinding when turning left when I first got my WJ, took it to the dealership in Greenville, they said the *whole Dana 30* needed replacing and that it would cost 2.5k to replace.

Ended up being the rear differential fluid. Cost ~150 bucks.... Goes to show how much dealers actually know.
Unread 01-29-2014, 01:22 AM   #10
detroitrust
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyre View Post
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thx.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.