Removing Rzeppa Driveshaft - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Removing Rzeppa Driveshaft

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 04-01-2011, 06:12 AM   #1
metalfanatic
2000 WJ 

Removing Rzeppa Driveshaft

I just put a 2" budget boost on my WJ and now the front driveshaft is making alot of noise. I want to remove the rzeppa-rzeppa driveshaft so my question is does it just simply unbolt from the flanges or is there some special tool or instruction set?

Unread 04-01-2011, 06:15 AM   #2
FirefightinWJ
2004 WJ 

Nope, just unbolt it. Should be 8mm. Might need a hammer or a pry bar to knock it loose but it shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
32" BFG M/Ts on JK 17's

-Devin
FirefightinWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2011, 06:46 AM   #3
metalfanatic
2000 WJ 

Great! Thanks
Unread 04-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #4
volvite
1999 WJ 

It will help to have a pry bar to help remove it from the TC side first and then it will fall the rest of the way out. I did it on the side of the road in 10 minutes when mine finally failed. Good luck.
volvite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
victorito
1999 WJ 

good to know , mine just blow out! I have to take it out, a shop here (friend of mine) quoted me $100 buks for the double cardan style, full swap and ready to roll.
sweet!

hehe!
victorito is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #6
metalfanatic
2000 WJ 

Wow! I got the driveshaft out with very little trouble and the rzeppa joint on the transfer case side was totally trashed(ripped boot, very little grease). I will be installing a carolina driveline shaft with u joints and flanges on each end. Unfortunately the 8mm bolts that came with the new driveshaft are 12pt versus the stock 6pt 8mm bolts. So, I'm off to Sears to get a 12pt 8mm socket so that I can finish the job. Thanks again for everyones help.
Unread 04-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #7
volvite
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorito View Post
good to know , mine just blow out! I have to take it out, a shop here (friend of mine) quoted me $100 buks for the double cardan style, full swap and ready to roll.
sweet!

hehe!
100 for the full swap is a dang good deal.
volvite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.