Remote Start & Keyless Entry ... VERY EASY! - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Remote Start & Keyless Entry ... VERY EASY!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 12-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #121
ellenberger
2000 WJ 

Ok I wasn't sure if it was needed so it could "learn" it and replicate it. Thanks

ellenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #122
rep-tile
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenberger View Post
Ok I wasn't sure if it was needed so it could "learn" it and replicate it. Thanks
The remote start module comes with its own keyfobs which have keyless entry functionality. They're already learned by the module. The remote start key fobs do not use the factory antenna so it becomes obsolete and so does the OEM key fob.
rep-tile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #123
rep-tile
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadamets View Post
I will have to do some testing. As far as the the moonroof???

Thanks for all the ideas!
There is a button to open the liftgate on the remote. It can't operate the liftgate on the WJ because it is not connected to the BCM. But I wonder if it might have been interpreted as "open the moonroof" if you accidently pushed it. Just a thought.
Unread 12-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #124
ellenberger
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rep-tile View Post
The remote start module comes with its own keyfobs which have keyless entry functionality. They're already learned by the module. The remote start key fobs do not use the factory antenna so it becomes obsolete and so does the OEM key fob.
Thank you for clearing that up for me

Seems like people know what they are doing around here with remote starts. Ive thought about putting one on my 03 Subaru wrx M5 tranny but haven't figured out a good way of making it only start in neutral. I could easily bypass the clutch switch and use the parking brake as the park but in case someone moves my car at my house and leaves it in gear and I try and start it I dont want to wreck anything. Any ideas?
ellenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #125
greeky510
2000 WJ 

What you can do is buy a small momentary switch and make a bracket for it so it's in such a position that the gear shifter touches it when it's in neutral. That switch is going to be connected to the Neutral Safety Input of the remote start and will only allow the starter to work if the RS sees a negative input.
The RS have a safety feature built in that you need to follow before exiting the car for the last time before you need to remote start it. If a door is opened during that time the remote start will not function and you need to follow the steps again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenberger View Post
Thank you for clearing that up for me

Seems like people know what they are doing around here with remote starts. Ive thought about putting one on my 03 Subaru wrx M5 tranny but haven't figured out a good way of making it only start in neutral. I could easily bypass the clutch switch and use the parking brake as the park but in case someone moves my car at my house and leaves it in gear and I try and start it I dont want to wreck anything. Any ideas?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
greeky510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #126
rockyrivermark
2002 WJ 

one neat feature that isn't mentioned and maybe some aren't aware of.
If you are out and about and want to run into a store or something you can keep your GC running. With the key in the ignition and the jeep running press the remote start button, the lights will flash (2 seconds or so), then you can pull the key out and it will remain running like in remote start function.
thief tries to take it the engine stalls when brake is depressed as in remote start function.
rrm
rockyrivermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #127
pyre24
2000 WJ 

Got mine in mail today. Cant wait to get around to doing this
pyre24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #128
lazebum
2001 WJ 

Ok so i got the avital and dball kit and it is wired per the OP directions with the added step of grounding the blue/white wire upon plug in then un grounding. Now i had to jump the wj to get it running after working on it all day and leaving the interior lights on. Now the unit wont light up at all. No led light at all and key fob doesnt work. It acts like the unit is not there. I tried unpluging everything and starting over and it did not change anything. I have walked away for the night as i am at whits end with it. Any help is much appreciated.
01 4.0 WJ - Kolak Brake upgrade, Addaco rear sway bar, 3' OME springs, JKS Adj Track Bar, Bilstine Shocks, MOOG Steering Stablizer and TRE's, IRO SYE front kit with a Double Cardan drive shaft, DANA 44a rear swap, booster seat, 7yrold Son, "Don't Tread On Me" Sticker and plates, oh yeah that is how i roll!!
lazebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 12:01 AM   #129
gtg413i
2003 WJ 

Gotta check each wire after you make the connection, vs all at once. Start with the + to get power and work from there. If the neutral safety switch isnt hooked up or the ground safety for the hood latch isnt connected, those will make the system seem dead.
Unread 12-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #130
lazebum
2001 WJ 

Was a lose ground. Was tired last night and missed crimping it all the way. Fixed it this morning and everything works flawlessly.
01 4.0 WJ - Kolak Brake upgrade, Addaco rear sway bar, 3' OME springs, JKS Adj Track Bar, Bilstine Shocks, MOOG Steering Stablizer and TRE's, IRO SYE front kit with a Double Cardan drive shaft, DANA 44a rear swap, booster seat, 7yrold Son, "Don't Tread On Me" Sticker and plates, oh yeah that is how i roll!!
lazebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 02:32 AM   #131
Spartan-463
2002 WJ 

Do any of you use the Avital 4003, that use the OEM key fobs. I'm interested in this one because as much at "long range remotes starts" are a selling point for a bunch, I see it as just that much easier to accidentally hit a button and unlock/start without me realizing. Also I read that there's some having problems like with the remote not deactivating once the brake is pressed, now I've scanned over the diagrams and instructions and it seems pretty basic, at least what I remember from school, but I'm definitely not experienced enough to be trouble shooting.

Also, can the jeep still be locked after remote starting it??
Thanks
Spartan-463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 06:59 AM   #132
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

I have the Viper alarm, the 1 Mile range is deff awsome, WTF would you need a remote start with 10 foot range???

The remote key FOB will vibrate and make noise upon start ups, also a timer can be set if you forget it running, its also 2way, so you can check cabin temp, and Be noticed by key, if someone F with your Jeep.

My main reason to install my remote start was to be able to start my Jeep from inside, recheck temp, and walk out to a nice warmed up Jeep.
And yes its locked by start up before arrievel.

Awsome when skiing, last run, start the Jeep from the top of the mountain, Nice warm Jeep before we arrieve at the parking lot

Ireally cant understand why anyone would like to stick with the factory FOB with hopeless range.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 09:52 AM   #133
three_jeeps
2004 WJ 

Wj

great post...tyvm!
three_jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #134
Spartan-463
2002 WJ 

Alright you made some good points there, definitely topping mods list now.
Spartan-463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 11:05 PM   #135
rep-tile
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan-463 View Post
Do any of you use the Avital 4003, that use the OEM key fobs. I'm interested in this one because as much at "long range remotes starts" are a selling point for a bunch, I see it as just that much easier to accidentally hit a button and unlock/start without me realizing. Also I read that there's some having problems like with the remote not deactivating once the brake is pressed, now I've scanned over the diagrams and instructions and it seems pretty basic, at least what I remember from school, but I'm definitely not experienced enough to be trouble shooting.

Also, can the jeep still be locked after remote starting it??
Thanks
I have 3 vehicles equipped with a remote start (one was a stock feature, two are Avital 4103), and accidental start has never been my worry. The remote start module is set to time out after X minutes if it doesn't see the key in the ignition. It doesn't unlock the vehicle just because you remote start it. If it's properly wired, it is deactived upon depressing the brake pedal. But even without the brake shutdown, you can't move the gear shift without the key in. Plus if you have a transponder key, the remote start will let the Sentry system take over and read the chip in your key before it let's you drive. Really I can't see how anyone could just drive off a remotely started vehicle if they don't have the key.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.