Remote Start & Keyless Entry ... VERY EASY! - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Remote Start & Keyless Entry ... VERY EASY!

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 02-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #61
ezflip
NEWS FLASH It snows in MI

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Wire 2 wire
Which means what exactly, in this context? Sorry if thats a dumb question. Ive only installed one remote start and that was 15 years ago on an 89 corsica.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

The Thanksgiving JF Membership Giveaway is here!!
ezflip is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #62
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezflip

Which means what exactly, in this context? Sorry if thats a dumb question. Ive only installed one remote start and that was 15 years ago on an 89 corsica.
Ok no problem man,
wire2wire is litterly wires physicly conected together, instead of module that communication with another module via bus or wireless soluttions, they Are spliced up with old style wireing
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #63
ezflip

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post

Ok no problem man,
wire2wire is litterly wires physicly conected together, instead of module that communication with another module via bus or wireless soluttions, they Are spliced up with old style wireing
Okay that makes sense. I assume the alternative is the D2D which is mentioned earlier in this thread? What are the advantages and disadvantages of using one over the other? I know the model I got is D2D compatible and I also got the dball unit. But now I'm not sure which method would be appropriate for wiring it all. Thanks for your help, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to remote starts. I've done just about every other kind of wiring you can imagine, just not one of these.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

Unread 02-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #64
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:

Okay that makes sense. I assume the alternative is the D2D which is mentioned earlier in this thread? What are the advantages and disadvantages of using one over the other? I know the model I got is D2D compatible and I also got the dball unit. But now I'm not sure which method would be appropriate for wiring it all. Thanks for your help, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to remote starts. I've done just about every other kind of wiring you can imagine, just not one of these.
When i did my install i was recomended by several pro alarm installers to do the w2w cause of all the hickups with the d2d systems, then you always 100% sure it Will work, the old good Way.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #65
Bellator50
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezflip View Post
I'd installed it in the manner Ducati showed in my 2002 Jeep (D2D) for some reason my Jeep would shut down after a few seconds and none of the unlock functions worked. I went and installed it W2W and works flawlessly. W2W was also recommended to me due to reliability.
Bellator50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #66
multmigs
2003 WJ 

I'm in the middle of the install you did with the avital and Dball, seems like something is wrong though as the key programming part does not seem to work? I'm also sorta confused as to which button is the "programming" one as the valet button is also refered to the programming button in the Avital manual. I did the first part and the Dbal unit seems to take the programing correctly by changing its LED from orange to red but after that nothing happens when i try to turn the key to the ON position? Also not getting any door lock/unlock from the Avital remotes despite my OEM remote working fine and the Avital ones seem good as they perform remote start function normally??

Sounds like i have to do the W2W wiring method? I'm kinda bummed as I thought this would be done, and now my car is kinda useless until i work some more and meanwhile its 17 degrees all week...
multmigs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #67
ezflip

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by multmigs View Post
I'm in the middle of the install you did with the avital and Dball, seems like something is wrong though as the key programming part does not seem to work? I'm also sorta confused as to which button is the "programming" one as the valet button is also refered to the programming button in the Avital manual. I did the first part and the Dbal unit seems to take the programing correctly by changing its LED from orange to red but after that nothing happens when i try to turn the key to the ON position? Also not getting any door lock/unlock from the Avital remotes despite my OEM remote working fine and the Avital ones seem good as they perform remote start function normally??

Sounds like i have to do the W2W wiring method? I'm kinda bummed as I thought this would be done, and now my car is kinda useless until i work some more and meanwhile its 17 degrees all week...
Did you get the Chrysler firmware loaded on your DBALL?

Build Thread

Unread 02-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #68
multmigs
2003 WJ 

The place I bought it from said so. It was even hand writin on the box it came in
Unread 02-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #69
ezflip

2002 WJ 

Quote:
[QUOTE
Avital Jeep or DBALL ( or Both )
H1/1 LIGHT GREEN/BLACK FACTORY ALARM DISARM N.U. (Not Used)
H1/2 GREEN/WHITE FACTORY REARM N.U.
H1/3 YELLOW (+) IGNITION OUT (TO ALARM) N.U.
H1/4 WHITE/BLUE (-) ACTIVATION INPUT N.U.
H1/5 ORANGE (-) GROUND WHEN LOCKED N.U.
H1/6 BROWN (-) HORN OUTPUT Optional Gray/Orange @ Horn Switch
H1/7 RED/WHITE (-) TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT N.U.
H1/8 BLACK GROUND Chassis Ground
H1/9 WHITE (+/-) LIGHT FLASH ***Set to (+)*** DBALL 10 Pin, Pink/white

1 BLUE STATUS OUTPUT DBALL 10 Pin, Blue/White
2 ORANGE (-) ACCESSORY OUTPUT N.U.
3 PURPLE (-) STARTER OUTPUT N.U.
4 PINK (-) STARTER OUTPUT N.U.

1 PINK (+) (30 AMP) IGNITION CIRCUIT Dark Blue @ Ignition Harness & DBALL 10 Pin, Pink
2 PURPLE (+) (30 AMP) STARTER CIRCUIT Yellow @ Ignition Harness & DBALL 10 Pin, Violet
3 ORANGE (+) (30 AMP) ACCESSORY CIRCUIT Red/Black @ Ignition Harness
4 RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12 INPUT Red @ Ignition Harness
5 PINK/WHITE (+) PROGRAMMED FOR ACCESSORY Black/Orange @ Ignition Harness
6 RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT Pink/Black @ Ignition Harness

1 BLUE (-) UNLOCK OUTPUT DBALL 10 Pin, Blue
2 EMPTY NOT USED
3 GREEN (-) LOCK OUTPUT DBALL 10 Pin, Green

H2/1 BLACK/WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH INPUT Chassis Ground
H2/2 VIOLET/WHITE TACHOMETER INPUT WIRE DBALL 12 Pin, Violet/White
H2/3 BROWN (+) BRAKE SWITCH SHUTDOWN WIRE DBALL 12 Pin, Gray
H2/4 GRAY (-) HOOD PINSWITCH SHUTDOWN WIRE Hood Pin Switch
H2/5 BLUE/WHITE (-) 2ND STATUS/REAR DEFOG OUT N.U.

DBALL
14 Pin
Violet/Yellow Jeep OBD2 Pin 2
Yellow Jeep Sentry Module Pin 3, Dark Blue/White, Car Side
Orange/Yellow Jeep Sentry Module Pin 3, Dark Blue/White, Connector side
Red Jeep Pink/Black @ Ignition Harness
Black Jeep Chassis Ground

12 Pin
Violet/Green & Violet Brown Jeep Headlight Switch Connector, Pin 11, Yellow

The Avital has no use for the Door and Trunk Status Triggers.
Can anyone clean this list up for me a bit? I'm having a hard time understanding what is connected to what reading this? It looks like several wires are just being connected between the Avital unit and the Dball unit without connecting to some other wire in the car harness? others just connect from one unit or the other into the car wiring? I really don't want to give up on this but I'm semi afraid of screwing something up. I would also like to hook up the remote turn on feature for the rear defrost circuit and i don't understand how to do that either.?[/QUOTE]

I've got colored instructions for the dball unit I can't post up later when I get to my laptop. Or you can find them on xpresskit.com though they weren't the easiest thing to find on that site. That shows every connection that needs to be made, vehicle specific, between the dball and the jeep and the dball and the remote start unit.

Build Thread

Unread 02-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #70
ezflip

2002 WJ 

Here is the pdf download for the install instructions

http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDow...irmwareid=2491

Build Thread

Unread 02-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #71
multmigs
2003 WJ 

WOw thats a good link! too bad it wasn't on original post, makes the W2W install seem easy, i'm doing it this weekend.

Also i think it has been repeatedly asked and not answered how do you hook up the remote start to turn on the rear defrost circuit? I see the "aux" labeled circuit on the wiring instructions but don't think i have seen anyone address where to hook that up into the car?
Unread 02-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #72
ezflip

2002 WJ 

Installed mine today. Did W2W. The only thing that doesn't work is the brake shutdown. I connected the brown wire from the Avital to the Grey wire on the DBALL 12 pin. But still a no go. I was going to rewire the brown directly to the brake switch, but I got impatient because those wires are a PITA to get to. So, Ill just use the remote to shut it down after I put the key in. Unless anyone has any other ideas?

Build Thread

Unread 02-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #73
multmigs
2003 WJ 

With the brake shutdown What does not work?
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #74
ezflip

2002 WJ 

Quote:
With the brake shutdown What does not work?
The purpose of the brake shutdown is to shutdown the system when the brake is pressed. Mine does not. Pressing the brake does nothing.

Build Thread

Unread 02-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #75
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Installed mine today. Did W2W. The only thing that doesn't work is the brake shutdown. I connected the brown wire from the Avital to the Grey wire on the DBALL 12 pin. But still a no go. I was going to rewire the brown directly to the brake switch, but I got impatient because those wires are a PITA to get to. So, Ill just use the remote to shut it down after I put the key in. Unless anyone has any other ideas?
I'm confused by this. once you put the key in and turn it to the on position, can't you just turn the key back to turn it off? I wouldn't think the brake shutdown would have anything to do with it.
I could be wrong though
BLACK04WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.