Remote Start & Keyless Entry ... VERY EASY! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Remote Start & Keyless Entry ... VERY EASY!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #16
robby65
2007 XK Commander 

This looks promising but
What about the factory alarm?
Is there anything I have to disconnect??
Id love to have the remote start for these cold mornings.

robby65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #17
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby65
This looks promising but
What about the factory alarm?
Is there anything I have to disconnect??
Id love to have the remote start for these cold mornings.
Bypass should automatically disable it through the bus before starting the jeep and then if you cancel the remote start it should shut down jeep and rearm alarm

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #18
s2gots
2002 WJ 

That's pretty damn cool, and looks very easy to do. I was on the fence about a remote start, but this looks like cake!
Will give it a go, thanks for all the info and pics..
s2gots is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #19
ducatiguynyc
2004 WJ 

The DBALL module does in fact have a provision to incorporate the OEM alarm into the remote start / keyless entry setup. If you have an OEM alarm, you do have one extra step...

You have to ground PIN 6 of harness 10 on the DBALL unit.

That's it! Nothing else to connect, or disconnect. Your OEM alarm will now be an intricall part of your remote start / keyless entry system!
ducatiguynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #20
IwishIwasBLOWN

Did you have to get jeep specific software loaded on to the DBALL in order to have it work? Or does it just cover many vehicles out of the box? Thats the only question i haven't been able to answer for myself about that module.
-1996 Suzuki Katana 600. RIP
-1996 Suzuki GSX-R 750 SRAD. SOLD
IwishIwasBLOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #21
WeThePeople408
2004 WJ 

Well composed bud. Much appreciated.
WeThePeople408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #22
ducatiguynyc
2004 WJ 

The DBALL module does require vehicle specific firmware. Usually the retailer you purchase your module from, will flash it for your specific application, but if they don't, you will have to do it yourself or get it done.

The vehicle specific firmware is available from their website, and in order to get it on to your module, you will need a special USB interface called an xkloader2. The xkloader2 sells for around $30-$35.

Most shops that work or install such modules, will in fact have an xkloader2 on hand, so if you receive a module that has not been preprogrammed, or want to purchase an xkloader2, you can always have a local shop flash your module for you. I really couldn't see them charging you anything for such a quick and easy service, but if they did, it couldn't be more then $5-$10.
Unread 01-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #23
BreadsWJ
2002 WJ 

Ducati, did you purchase from sonicelectronix.com?

If so, did they pre-program it for you?

If you didn't buy from them, can you let us know where you got it and if they pre-programmed it for you?

Thanks.

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f130/wj-grand-cherokee-lift-parts-much-more-1341973/#post13225037[/url]

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/grand-cherokee-wj-overland-rock-rails-roof-rack-cross-rails-1351259/[/url]

"He who seeks knowledge, begins with humbleness" - Anon
BreadsWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #24
ducatiguynyc
2004 WJ 

As I had mentioned, I purchased my module from Avenue Sound, a local car audio shop here on Long Island, NY. They had my unit flashed with the appropriate firmware in under 2 minutes.

I'm not sure if the folks over at Sonic can flash the unit prior shipping it, but it wouldn't hurt to ask them. If they can't, I'm certain you could have it done at most any local car audio shop in your neck of the woods. From what I have gathered, almost everyone's using these modules in car alarm, remote start, and keyless entry systems, so finding someone who has an xkloader2 on hand shouldn't be a difficult or costly task.
Unread 02-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #25
OTownDaddy
2007 XK Commander 

Effing awesome write up, I'll be doing this pronto!
Unread 02-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #26
AustinMeredith
2002 WJ 

This is fantastic. Once i finish fixing my DW i will be doing this. One thing at a time! Fantastic right up, great pictures. Overall well done.
Current Modifications: K&N Cold Air Intake, Black Herculined Cladding, Kolak Exhaust, Halo Projector Lights, 6000k HID Lighting, Western Bull Bar, 6 Inch Auxiliary Lights (mounted to bull bar), Led Tail Lights, Led 3rd Break Light, 2 Alpine Subs, 1 Kicker Amp, 4 Pioneer Speakers, Extreme rubber weather mats. 4.5 Inch Kolak Lift, 265/75/16 Wrangler Duratecs

For sale: Stock WJ headlights and Tails, Magnaflow High Flow Catalytic Converter, Unused Superchip Flashpaq 3875

Facebook:
[url]http://www.facebook.com/TheSimpleDude[/url]
AustinMeredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #27
OTownDaddy
2007 XK Commander 

Is the 4103LX the same as the 4103? Can't tell any difference from the descriptions I see online.
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:51 AM   #28
babix0ashh
1999 WJ 

Wj Having bad issue with Avital 5303 Installation

I posted this my problem in another thread and I was advised to take a look at this thread. An installation place installed my Avital 5303 Remote start/alarm in my 99 WJ and it works fine for a few days...After a few days, i start the car from the remote and it starts up and shuts off. I have to bring it back to the installation place to reprogram it and again...works great for a few days, then back to the same problem. They put some sort of box in with one of my other OEM jeep keys, as they called it a sacrifice key. They said this should work and if by any chance I have to clear any computer codes, this shouldnt effect the remote start. He was very wrong! Someone in a different forum told me that this was the ghetto way to bypass the SKIM module. Now, the way you describe installing your Avital system with the DBall module, is this supposed to take care of this specific problem that I am having? Thanks a lot.

-Ashley
babix0ashh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 03:14 AM   #29
MeanGreenZJ
Web Wheeler

I would agree that the old sacrifice key box is ghetto. No one reputable would use it. Not only that but it makes it easy to steal the Jeep. This can also bring hell your way if your Jeep does get stolen since the fact is that there was a key left in the jeep and some insurance does not cover theft by key. They see this as neglect to prevent theft. The DB-all module acts like a key and only does so when the remote starter commands it to do so. It can also control the factory alarm if you have one along with controlling power door locks for keyless entry. I would do the swap without hesitation.
MeanGreenZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #30
tjlmbklr
2002 WJ 

F**king awesome write-up. I have had remote start on my last 2 vehicles and miss it. This will be a much cheaper alternative.
tjlmbklr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.