Remote start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Remote start

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 11-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
Hlude1
2001 WJ 

Remote start

So I just got done installing a Avital 4103 with dball into my 01. Everything works, except if it sits for a few minutes it will not start on the first try of the remote start. It always starts when it try's to restart itself on the second try. I've tried to change the programming so that it uses the longest crank time. It seems that work for a couple try's then it goes back to the default or a Something cause it needs two try's to start. Any help?

This is the write up I used to install.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...-easy-1312756/

Hlude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
Hlude1
2001 WJ 

Noticed one other thing, on the first start all lights come on meaning headlights and parking lights on second start only parking lights. Also on first attempt it cranks acts like it's going to start then coughs.
Unread 11-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
Hlude1
2001 WJ 

Did some more research, checked all the wiring and all connections. Everything seems right. It seems now it never starts on the first attempt, you leave it retry and it starts. I'm wondering if it's possible one of the pieces is defective or if the the flash in the dball is not correct. Anyone have any ideas
Unread 11-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #4
Hlude1
2001 WJ 

Well I think I got it. I had to get into the programming menus and change it from tach to voltage and sent the crank time. Now it seems to work great
Unread 11-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #5
dadamets
2002 WJ 

I wonder if the dball was programmed correctly for the wj? The reason I ask is because I have the same setup and did not have to mess with any of the programming options that you have described.
dadamets is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
Hlude1
2001 WJ 

It was supposed to be from the place I ordered it from. I called a local install shop and the guy was extremely helpful In diagnosing over the phone and giving me things to try. He said since the locks worked the dball had to be programmed right and that it needed to be a setting

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.