Remote keyless fob from ebay - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Remote keyless fob from ebay

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
joe_pinehill
2002 XJ Cherokee 

Remote keyless fob from ebay

Has anyone ordered these fobs from ebay, they ship from Hong Kong. Price is very reasonable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-3-Button...e61bba&vxp=mtr

joe_pinehill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
StormChaserTim
2000 WJ 

That doesn't have the guts included. It is just the plastic shell.

Besides....it's my understanding that a new fob has to be programmed with a DRB tool at the dealer. Sucks.

Tim
Unread 09-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #3
losttech

2000 WJ 

FOB have to be programmed at dealer and the last one I bought that was not OEM spent two hours at the dealer trying to get it to work then just finally bought a OEM one form them was expensive like 150 I think but needed two of them and ony had one .

Now as far as keys go I bought these from amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They worked fine save me tons of money and the dealer programmed them and cut them for like 30 bucks for all three.

Once you have two key suposedly you can just get them cut and then program them your self you can google it but I have not tried.

So keys amazon and the FOB dealer they will be more likely to give you a break on programming cost then anyways.
losttech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
new2site
2002 WJ 

Don't get one from these guys...just got one and brought to dealer and wouldn't program...wrong chipset inside..probably for a Dodge (look the same) ...look at their negative feedback..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-99-04-JE...item19e0e818d1

On a flipside...I called the mgr at my local Jeep and said since they haven't fixed my air-bag recall (going on 6 months)...and the gas tank issue..asked for a courtesy key fob programming....and he said "sure..bring it on it"
new2site is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 01:28 AM   #5
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

You are probably better buying from these guys:

http://www.keylessentryremotefob.com...obs_s/1834.htm

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 03:13 AM   #6
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

I just grabbed a couple from the wreckers out of WJ's. Just have to have them programmed. Not all shiney and new, but they will work, and can always get a new case for the innards. Plus they're free.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #7
2ndhandWJman
2003 WJ 

Recently I had a local locksmith company cut and program a new key for my '03 and also program a used fob from them. They literally had a small box of Jeep and Dodge fobs, apparently there was a code on the back of my functioning fob and they had to match the code, then go through their software to program it. They only had a Dodge Ram fob that would work, so after programming they swapped out the plastic cases for me so that I had a "proper" black and grey fob along w/ a "code" key. ( basic brass key with the correct profile cut into it)
2ndhandWJman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.