Remanufactured 4.0L recommendation? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Remanufactured 4.0L recommendation?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #16
wyattrhicks
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibubts View Post
There are all different sizes. 4.2, 4.5, 4.7. It just depends on how much you bore it and what stroke you choose. The engine is the same as the normal 4.0, just the rods are longer (stroked) and the cylinders are machined larger (bored). If you do a search there is all kinds of information on the topic.
Thanks for YOUR help..no one else seemed to wanna reply
i will research

wyattrhicks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #17
bhicks
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattrhicks View Post
Thanks for YOUR help..no one else seemed to wanna reply
i will research
If your gonna go stroker make sure you look into being able to smog it if you plan for it to be street legal. There are only a couple stroker builders that guarantee their motors to pass smog in all 50. You also need to consider fuel economy if your on a tight budget. The few strokers I looked at were pumping through a lot more fuel then the stock set up. Know what your getting before you order. Also, most stroker builders give limited or zero warranties on the motor. Something to think about.
Present- 2002 WJ Overland, 242HD(going in soon) 4.5" Teraflex/JKS lift, JCR Sliders, TAG bumpers, 33" Muds, 17" JK Moabs ( Future- 2012 JK Rubicon)
bhicks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #18
askoop
2000 WJ 

I had a truetest engine put in mine when the engine went. Ordered in the afternoon, it was delivered to my shop the next morning (KY to PA I think). Decent cost and the shop who put it in was impressed. They only installed Jasper before, and thought about switching after the good service from truetest and quality of motor. 3 yr/ unlimited mileage warranty if I remember correctly. 4 years later for me and no complaints.
WTB: 1 Timberline wheel or a set of JK steelies
askoop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #19
wyattrhicks
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhicks View Post
If your gonna go stroker make sure you look into being able to smog it if you plan for it to be street legal. There are only a couple stroker builders that guarantee their motors to pass smog in all 50. You also need to consider fuel economy if your on a tight budget. The few strokers I looked at were pumping through a lot more fuel then the stock set up. Know what your getting before you order. Also, most stroker builders give limited or zero warranties on the motor. Something to think about.
going with Titan strokers they do
wyattrhicks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2014, 12:54 PM   #20
aagill225
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by askoop
I had a truetest engine put in mine when the engine went. Ordered in the afternoon, it was delivered to my shop the next morning (KY to PA I think). Decent cost and the shop who put it in was impressed. They only installed Jasper before, and thought about switching after the good service from truetest and quality of motor. 3 yr/ unlimited mileage warranty if I remember correctly. 4 years later for me and no complaints.
I know this is an old thread but I found the true test web site but no contact info to order the engine. How did you order yours?
'89 YJ 2.5L, 5-spd, Borla header, dynomax super turbo muffler, Big-O XT 30x9.5r15
2004 Jeep Liberty Renagade 3.8L 2wd
'86 XJ 2.8L V6, 5-spd manual tranny (My 1st)
aagill225 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.