Regear Conudrum - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Regear Conudrum

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
jpat30

Regear Conudrum

I am beginning to assemble the pieces needed to regear my jeep. I currently have 3.55s and lets face it, they are a dog when you start adding larger tires. I know what parts I will need and have a very reputable shop to perform the swap. I was quoted $550.00 labor to regear both ends with me supplying all needed parts, fluids, etc. My question is what brand gears do yall recommend? Are their a set that you have personally had good luck with? I will be swapping in 4.10s when I do this if that matters. Thanks in advance.

jpat30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
aestrad1
2000 WJ 

I like Yukon gears, but thats what my local shop uses. He is sponsored by them and has a KOH rig. They have a great warranty and stand behind their products.

That price is reasoinable, as most shops around here are $250 labor to set up gears.

What tires are you running? Im not sure Id spend the $$ to get 4.10s vs 3.55
aestrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.