refurbished and or refurbishing batteries - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > refurbished and or refurbishing batteries

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #16
wsar10
2003 WJ 

My OE MOPAR batt. lasted almost 10 years. I replaced it with an A/C DELCO.
as far as "off the shelf" OE replacements I would only use A/C, Interstate or MOPAR. I have had all of the above last ten plus years without failure.

When my OE batt went it left us sit one day (due to leaving lights on for an hour) until we got a jump, than it seeming worked fine but I replaced it anyway. I figured if 2 25w lights would kill it in an hour, it was shot !

that's (give or take) 7-8 amps of draw that killed the batt in an hour.........

BTT;
I would not buy a refurb batt.

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #17
marcall
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
My original battery was still Good when i changed it in 2012, (installed in the Jeep in 00) I changed it as a preventive move cause i often Go up mountain in Winter and dont want Sh to happen.

My choice was a Bosch S4
That's pretty amazing. I've been an auto mechanic since 1993 and the longest one I've ever seen was about 8 years old and I've seen thousands and thousands of batteries.

Heat is the real killer of batteries though and it gets hot here in Arizona My batteries have always avaeraged about 3 years (Interstate Megatrons) but last year I installed an Optima red top and so far (knock on wood) so good. I wanted an AGM because vibration is also a battery killer and supposedly the AGM's and Optima are much less resistent plus they don't sulphate and get all greasy on the outide.
marcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #18
04dubjay

going on 7 years on my yellow top! Very happy with it, worth the $
Unread 09-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #19
mikeyc1821
2004 WJ 

I just bought an optima red top for mine... and it was the original battery I replaced (2004).

I only bought the optima because I got it brand new for 130 bucks from pep boys. Through my buddy.
mikeyc1821 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.