Recent jeep recall - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Recent jeep recall

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #16
maloj2003wj
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
I agree in that I've heard if your airbag light isn't on, you don't have anything to worry about. My airbag light is currently not on (knock on wood). I received my build sheet many moons ago, before this recall was even a twinkle in Jeep's eye. I am more curious which year/model/color/etc. WJs will have the recall or if it's just a flip of the coin. I'd like to keep an eye on it, though I'm sure I'll receive a letter if a recall comes up for my WJ.
mine was never on either, until recently. it comes on when the temperature is in the teens ... May be some one had this issue somewhere up north and thats how they determined its time for a recall

Unread 02-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #17
flightmedic238
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinm2467
All you have to do is go online to chryslers website and ask for your build sheet. Once you have your build sheet, which takes only a few hrs for them to email it to you. Then in the build sheet it will list recalls. They also note that since they have your info now that they will then contact you for that vehicle if any recalls come forward. Takes about 5 mins to do. I hope I was some help
Thank you
flightmedic238 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #18
Blake2986
2003 WJ 

I just had my jeep serviced today at the dealership. 124 M35 recalls have been issued for GC owners in Canada, 0 have been repaired. There is no "fix" for this issue yet but there will be soon says the service tech, or else they wouldn't have issued the notice.

"pain is temporary, results are forever"
Blake2986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 01:20 AM   #19
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinm2467
All you have to do is go online to chryslers website and ask for your build sheet. Once you have your build sheet, which takes only a few hrs for them to email it to you. Then in the build sheet it will list recalls. They also note that since they have your info now that they will then contact you for that vehicle if any recalls come forward. Takes about 5 mins to do. I hope I was some help
Thanks. I'm going to do this on my break and check it out. Wonder if its free. I thought Chevy charged for build sheets. :/?
elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 02:18 AM   #20
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Scratch that - I'm lost at requesting a build sheet. I went from Chrysler.com to moparownercentral.com to jeep.com.

Do I have to register my vehicle and then it will become an option?
elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 04:07 AM   #21
JeepJeffW
2004 WJ 

Send an email requesting a build sheet, include your VIN, to customerassist@chrysler.com and they should reply in a couple days. Good luck

~~~~ Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1984
JeepJeffW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #22
maloj2003wj
2006 WK 

My freaking airbag light came on today.. For no reason... Now i know its not only due to cold temperatures because it was around 70 in the morning and right now about 85... Clockspring??
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #23
Lysdexic
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maloj2003wj View Post
My freaking airbag light came on today.. For no reason... Now i know its not only due to cold temperatures because it was around 70 in the morning and right now about 85... Clockspring??
wtf - mine came on yesterday.
Unread 06-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #24
maloj2003wj
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysdexic

wtf - mine came on yesterday.
Chrysler people using their superpowers
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #25
Idano12
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino View Post
Scratch that - I'm lost at requesting a build sheet. I went from Chrysler.com to moparownercentral.com to jeep.com.

Do I have to register my vehicle and then it will become an option?
This is where I requested my build sheet, it also registers you as the current owner. I also asked if there were any open recalls, just the heated seats on mine, no air bag. This was after I knew there were air bag recalls going out and that they didn't have a fix.

http://www.jeep.com/wccsapp/universa...ull&category=U

Last edited by Idano12; 06-17-2013 at 06:04 PM..
Idano12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #26
maloj2003wj
2006 WK 

Plugged in a computer yesterday at my mechanics place. The air bag light i have is the front right side impact sensor. Probably too old and needs to be replaced. I'm gonna take it off when I have a chance to take a look at contact points. He said this is a dealer only part, since it has to do with safety.
Unread 06-23-2013, 04:24 PM   #27
filipm
2002 WJ 

Mine came on today also. All controls on steering wheel (radio, cruise, horn) not working either. Wait for the recall part or replace clockspring?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.