Recall years - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Recall years

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Closed Thread
Unread 07-04-2013, 01:22 AM   #1
Marksikern

Recall years

Is my 99 Grand Cherokee Laredo included in the fire recall? Have they determined a fix. Wouldn't a. Skid plate solve the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Marksikern is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 03:42 AM   #2
MWF
2002 WJ 

ssssssshhhhhh

We're not allowed to talk about it.
Unread 07-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
4Tom
2001 WJ 

There is a bigger chance of your WJ buring in long dry grass from hot cat than blowing up from being rear ended.

So should the recall give us all a 4 to 6" lift or a mention in owners manual

There is no recall there will never be as there are too many vehicles from nearly all the manufacturers that this will impact.
When you think about it you'll realise all these vehicles pass all the requirement at the time. Newer regulations only applies to newer vehicles.

If the tank position is a hugh worry do a tank tuck and gain extra off road clearance and better departure angle.

Tom
4Tom is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
lazyWJ
2002 WJ 

Mods! Quick! Lock the topic! We can't have people talking publicly about this. I mean, where would it end?
Thank god they locked the last topic *just* before a reasonable solution was confirmed.
"Bought, Not Built"
lazyWJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
ezflip
NEWS FLASH It snows in MI

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksikern View Post
Is my 99 Grand Cherokee Laredo included in the fire recall? Have they determined a fix. Wouldn't a. Skid plate solve the problem?

Such hostility in this thread

OP: no, your jeep is not included in the fire recall. It is only for 93-98 ZJs and 02-07 KJs. WJs are not included.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

The Thanksgiving JF Membership Giveaway is here!!
ezflip is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #6
Brandonsdad02
2000 WJ 

It just got the notice in the mail. All worried jeep owners will be getting a free smart car replacement for there jeep. If you hurry and act now, you can upgrade from 10 inch wheels to 11 inch wheels.
Brandonsdad02 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #7
Jrboarder27
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezflip View Post

Such hostility in this thread

OP: no, your jeep is not included in the fire recall. It is only for 93-98 ZJs and 02-07 KJs. WJs are not included.
I thought all grand cherokees were the focus of this recall
Jrboarder27 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 03:18 AM   #8
MWF
2002 WJ 

MODS MODS! Can somebody please lock this post! Somebody's talking about something I don't want to talk about!
Unread 07-05-2013, 04:07 AM   #9
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

To be honest it was let run for far too long. By and large I though this forum was populated mainly by sensible folk.....that thread proved otherwise.......or maybe they all got together for an idiots convention on that thread! Ha ha.
Unread 07-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #10
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyWJ View Post
Mods! Quick! Lock the topic! We can't have people talking publicly about this. I mean, where would it end?
Thank god they locked the last topic *just* before a reasonable solution was confirmed.
which topic was locked? who locked it?

narnwv is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 01:22 AM   #11
Marksikern

Reparations by Smart car only eh?

Marksikern is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 03:51 AM   #12
new2site
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
T..that thread proved otherwise.......or maybe they all got together for an idiots convention on that thread! Ha ha.
You're referencing to "us" as idiots because we were pursuing some avenues to make these vehicles somewhat safer and achieve some peace of mind.

And thereby implying intellectual superiority over us BY DEFENDING THIS ??:
jeep.jpg

new2site is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 04:19 AM   #13
MWF
2002 WJ 

It's not very nice to go around calling people idiots now is it.
Unread 07-06-2013, 04:29 AM   #14
MWF
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by narnwv View Post
which topic was locked? who locked it?
This one dude:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...emedy-1541062/

Original poster asked for positive feedback and no mocking.

Usual anti-recall crowd replied negatively, mocked accordingly.

I accept there's no cause for panic with this issue, but I'm not sure why anybody is being mocked for discussing how to make their Jeep safer
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #15
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2site View Post
You're referencing to "us" as idiots because we were pursuing some avenues to make these vehicles somewhat safer and achieve some peace of mind.

And thereby implying intellectual superiority over us BY DEFENDING THIS ??:

What is with all this talk? Do you know how many WJ's actually caught fire when rear ended and a ruptured fuel tank was the cause? If you want the world to be completely safe then stay inside. WJ's are safe vehicles. It's amazing how easy it is to put things in people's head and make them go crazy with fear. Same thing happened with the Ford Pinto. The media made it out to seem that the rear bumper cover was made of flint. And again, it was proven that they met all standards for the time they were made and even safer than some other cars on the road, same as the WJ today.
99WJ539918 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.