Rebuild RC 1st Gen flex joint? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rebuild RC 1st Gen flex joint?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
brianestep
2000 WJ 

Rebuild RC 1st Gen flex joint?

I just spoke with RC and apparently the 1st gen flex joints are not rebuildable/tightenable. I know, I know, I'm getting Curries eventually (or maybe even RCs 2nd gen. joints), but until then, has anyone taken one of the 1st gen. joints apart? I don't want to bungle it up, but it has a snap ring and from what I understand, an unadjustable washer on the inside. Couldn't I just replace the washer with a thicker one to tighten up the guts?

-Brian- 2000 WJ Four liter, 4" RC springs; Bilstein 5100s; JKS trackbar w/KOR bushings; Stillen rotors; KOR (RC) 1.5" wheel spacers; 265/75/16 Treadwright Guard Dogs; Rusty AirTube, Amsoil Cone; Thule M.O.A.B.; Bumper delete; rear seat disco
brianestep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
brianestep
2000 WJ 

Well, Ryan at RC is just going to warranty the 1st gen joints for me. Great guy to deal with. The new joints come disassembled, so I will grease them (Ryan recommends Daystar Lurathane) to ensure proper lubrication pre-install. I don;t think there was a problem with grease not reaching the bearings through the zerk, since they lasted for almost 3 years and about 50,000 miles. I will report back with pictures on what I find.
-Brian- 2000 WJ Four liter, 4" RC springs; Bilstein 5100s; JKS trackbar w/KOR bushings; Stillen rotors; KOR (RC) 1.5" wheel spacers; 265/75/16 Treadwright Guard Dogs; Rusty AirTube, Amsoil Cone; Thule M.O.A.B.; Bumper delete; rear seat disco
brianestep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.