Rear Window Regulators - '01 for $40 '03 for $50 - Whats the Diff? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear Window Regulators - '01 for $40 '03 for $50 - Whats the Diff?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
webby88
2000 WJ 

Exclamation Rear Window Regulators - '01 for $40 '03 for $50 - Whats the Diff?

So my '03 WJ's rear drivers side window fell open while parked, upon close inspection the little plastic block that holds the regulator wires cracked and allowed the window to open.

First I looked into fixing it, and built up some contraption to hold the wire in place. For now I got the window to stay up.

While fixing it I noticed that the wire spool where the motor connect had some of it sticking out, so I took it apart and tried to re-tighten and rewind it. Basically it did not work, I couldn't get the wire tight enough and there is to much slack. I think maybe the wires stretched a bit and the up down motion of the window is not good.

So I went to rockauto to find a new regulator and noticed that there is a $10 price difference between the '00- and the 00+.

One is Doorman P/N 740374 for $49 (for '03) and the other is P/N 740596 for $39 (for '00)

I was wondering, is there really a difference between the two year models?!

Unread 06-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #2
nstevic01
1999 WJ 

The bolt pattern is different. I found this one out the hard way. I ended up getting the 00+ cause they were less expensive, only to find out that they dont bolt in the same...at all. So I returned them and got the pre 00 ones and they fit perfect.
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
webby88
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstevic01 View Post
The bolt pattern is different. I found this one out the hard way. I ended up getting the 00+ cause they were less expensive, only to find out that they dont bolt in the same...at all. So I returned them and got the pre 00 ones and they fit perfect.
Ok, thanks for the tipoff, I gotta say this is really really stupid!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.