Rear shock length WTF? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear shock length WTF?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 11-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
Z06guy

Rear shock length WTF?

I just installed the 2.5" ROR springs in my '04 Overland. I ordered a set of Black Diamond shocks from 4ws.com and listed my lift as 3".

I install the front shocks and they are at least 3" longer than my factory original shocks and plenty long enough to cover my full suspension droop.

Then I went to install the rears only to find the new shocks are only about 1.25 inches longer than the factory original shocks. About 23" fully extended vs 22" fully extended for the originals. These would limit my down travel by over 2". I sent 4ws.com an e-mail and they say these are the correct shocks for 4" of lift and the longest ones for the WJ. WTF? How long are your rear lift shocks from mounting point to mounting point fully extended? What should I do about this?

Z06guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
Kolak
Vendor

Many manufacturers make this sort of error with shock lengths.

See if they have a 24.5"+ shock for the ZJ. All you'll need do is swap your metal shock sleeves from your original WJ shocks in place of the ZJ shock sleeves and you will have a perfect fit.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
Z06guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak View Post
Many manufacturers make this sort of error with shock lengths.

See if they have a 24.5"+ shock for the ZJ. All you'll need do is swap your metal shock sleeves from your original WJ shocks in place of the ZJ shock sleeves and you will have a perfect fit.
Thank you soo much for the very helpful reply! I'll pursue this with 4ws.

BTW, I tried to go to your website but I see its down. Do you sell sway bar quick disconnects for the WJ? I need those too and if you are competitive, I'd rather buy them from you to repay you for the help.
Unread 11-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
Kolak
Vendor

My website has never been up

I got as far as getting it hosted but I can't seem to find the time to put any content there. I'm a Vendor here on the forum as I'm sure you've seen so you can always reach me via PM here. I have the JKS WJ disconnects on special right now - actually all JKS is on special. If you PM me your shipping information I will PM you the sale price, calculate shipping and get right back to you with a total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06guy View Post
Thank you soo much for the very helpful reply! I'll pursue this with 4ws.

BTW, I tried to go to your website but I see its down. Do you sell sway bar quick disconnects for the WJ? I need those too and if you are competitive, I'd rather buy them from you to repay you for the help.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
Z06guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak View Post
My website has never been up

I got as far as getting it hosted but I can't seem to find the time to put any content there. I'm a Vendor here on the forum as I'm sure you've seen so you can always reach me via PM here. I have the JKS WJ disconnects on special right now - actually all JKS is on special. If you PM me your shipping information I will PM you the sale price, calculate shipping and get right back to you with a total.
Honestly, I'm one of those a-hole members who only posts when I have a problem so I have no idea who you are but I'm sending a PM now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.