Rear power supply troubles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear power supply troubles

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 07-16-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
Msutorka
2000 WJ 

Rear power supply troubles

My 2000 wj was the Laredo stock basic as it gets version I want the rear power supply got the socket at a pick and pay but I opened up my back where it should go and there's no wire to connect it up to what do I have to do to make it work how do the factory ones hook up and also the front power supply if I can score one from the jy how does that hook up what do I need

Msutorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #2
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Grammar fail, big time. Power it from the one up front.
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
bugaboots
2002 WJ 

Here is a link to wjjeeps it has a nice walk through on how to do it.

http://www.wjjeeps.com/power_outlet.htm
Unread 07-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
Msutorka
2000 WJ 

Got the pin connector where should I run my wires to? Does it run straight to the battery from the factor or does go through a computer, fuses,relay??
Unread 07-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msutorka View Post
Got the pin connector where should I run my wires to? Does it run straight to the battery from the factor or does go through a computer, fuses,relay??
From the walk through that BUGABOOTS posted, you plug the outlet connector into the connector here:
http://www.wjjeeps.com/cargo_12v_8.jpg

If you followed the instructions in that write-up, you should have found that connector tucked in behind the trim panel.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #6
Msutorka
2000 WJ 

I already read the jeepwj site and opened the back but my jeep came with out the plug to hook it up. I got a plug from the junk yard and ran my own wires to a rocker switch.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.