post #1 of Old 04-22-2013, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
TheSiltSurfer
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Durango
Posts: 848
Rear Long arms with 2" lift possible?

Is it possible to run rear long arms with only a 2" lift in the rear? Thanks guys I'm aware that some require exhaust mod, but would lean towards one that doesn't like rustys rear long arms which are only $270 for the pair.


Infinite Patience Produces Immediate Results
TheSiltSurfer is offline  
post #2 of Old 04-23-2013, 05:59 AM
aleet25
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Auburn
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSiltSurfer
Is it possible to run rear long arms with only a 2" lift in the rear? Thanks guys I'm aware that some require exhaust mod, but would lean towards one that doesn't like rustys rear long arms which are only $270 for the pair.
It's completely unnecessary. Stock arms are fine up to 4". Why would you want to spend an extra $270 in something that serves no purpose at 2"?
aleet25 is offline  
post #3 of Old 04-23-2013, 06:41 AM
heretolearn
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rockford
Posts: 485
Thats completely overkill

2002 Laredo for sale
heretolearn is offline  
post #4 of Old 04-23-2013, 09:19 AM
GODMODEX
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pleasant Grove
Posts: 1,076
Ok he asked if it was possible, not for your opinions... the only issue I can see is clearance, you'll have to cut off the lca mounts for sure, but I'd assume it would work besides that. Are you considering la's for the a arm as well?

01 TJ, 32RH, 4.0, 8.8, hpd30, 35's, metalcloaks
07 CBR600RR, full Akra exhaust, PC V, etc.
GODMODEX is offline  
post #5 of Old 04-23-2013, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
TheSiltSurfer
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Durango
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by GODMODEX
Ok he asked if it was possible, not for your opinions... the only issue I can see is clearance, you'll have to cut off the lca mounts for sure, but I'd assume it would work besides that. Are you considering la's for the a arm as well?
Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't think about the lower arm mounts. I would probably only do the IRO rear arm at most not the long travel arm. See, I'm trying to make the ride as plush as possible and short arms just don't cut it, especially after going LA on the front. My buddy's wj on long arms is excellent in the rear granted he is at 4". If you look at older land cruisers they also have long arms from the factory and they ride way better.

Infinite Patience Produces Immediate Results
TheSiltSurfer is offline  
post #6 of Old 04-26-2013, 05:36 PM
GODMODEX
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pleasant Grove
Posts: 1,076
Yeah it could be done I bet. You might have to cut out the stock lca mount but I think it could be done. I'm on short arms rear with 6 of lift and I wish I had LA's. What brackets would you use with the rustys arms?

01 TJ, 32RH, 4.0, 8.8, hpd30, 35's, metalcloaks
07 CBR600RR, full Akra exhaust, PC V, etc.
GODMODEX is offline  
post #7 of Old 04-26-2013, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
TheSiltSurfer
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Durango
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by GODMODEX
Yeah it could be done I bet. You might have to cut out the stock lca mount but I think it could be done. I'm on short arms rear with 6 of lift and I wish I had LA's. What brackets would you use with the rustys arms?
If I go that route, Rustys sells the brackets for the rear arms in their complete kit, it's just not listed separately on their site. I'm sure they would part it out for a sale if you call them.

Infinite Patience Produces Immediate Results
TheSiltSurfer is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome