Rear DS Vibrations - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear DS Vibrations

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 05-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
xkwhx

Rear DS Vibrations

Been reading through allot of the posts on this issue and havent quite found the golden solution yet.

My Setup:
2004 WJ Limited with QuadraDrive
Claytons 4.5 LA lift
NP247 Transfer Case with tailshaft swap from Barnett Performance (essentially a SYE)
New Drive Shaft (CV style) Spicer joints

My Symptoms
Driveline Vibes specifically at 35-50Mph
Dissipates at 50-60ish (sweet spot right at 60-63)
Returns from 60ish up
Hard acceleration from 0-35 makes no difference there are no vibes here

My Solutions I have tried
Originally had the stock slip yoke in rear, vibes were much more pronounced and at all speeds. Switched to the new tail shaft and new DS and fixed about 85% of the vibes
All tires rotated and balanced
All bushings, bolts, links checked and tight/OK
Full 4 wheel alignment (twice) - once right when lifted then again about 6 months later
Rear pinion seal and rear bearing new within the last 16 months
Confirmed it is the rear DS as I have puled the front DS and tested with same results
Pulled rear shaft and had re-tested for balance
Axles pulled and checked for straihgtness

Any further ideas greatly welcomed. I am wondering if I should be looking at the T-case and possibly the output shaft bearing as I am out of ideas and that is the only thing left.

xkwhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:03 AM   #2
skain8
Under Construction

2002 WJ 

Pinion angle most likely . What are your angle specs?

'02 WJ: 4.7L, 5", HP44/9", 231HD, tall & skinny KM2's
'99 XJ: stock
'99 XJ: stolen
'06 XK: sold
231HD build guide
skain8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.