Rear diff breather, and a vibration. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear diff breather, and a vibration.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 11-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
T15Redbaron
2004 WJ 

Rear diff breather, and a vibration.

After hours of using the search i haven't any answers so i'm bringing these to to the board.

1. On the rear diff. breather, i'm blowing oil out the top, i haven't done anything different, fluid is right and at the right level, no deep water and no steep hills. so why am i blowing oil out the top and also does the accumulator that the TSC says to install work? Also like everyone else this occurred out of the blue.

2. At any speed above about 45 if i let off the gas the slightest bit i get a deep vibration in the floor, this doesn't occur every time i coast maybe once or twice in 40 miles, after really playing around at different speeds and scenarios it seems like something is going on with the torque converter unlocking or maybe not, i have no clue. But if i am coasting and hit the gas i get different results, it will either bog a little and i sense the load or it will raise by a few hundred rpms. Again i am clueless on this issue Please Help. Thanks for any help.

T15Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
T15Redbaron
2004 WJ 

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. Anyone.
Unread 12-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
T15Redbaron
2004 WJ 

Bueller? Bueller?
Unread 12-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
hxcjohnny
2002 WJ 

there's a little vent cap deal on the breather tube on the rear axle. I just recently had the same problem. proper fluid level, no submersion of the axle or anything. As far as I could tell, the little cap was dirty and not allowing it to vent properly, which would build pressure and force fluid up the tube and out of the top. I removed my cap and just have the hose running up around the filler neck area. I won't ever have my jeep submerged in water or mud that deep for it to cause a problem for me. I haven't had any issue with it weeping fluid since.
Unread 12-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
T15Redbaron
2004 WJ 

Ok maybe I'll try that thanks.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.