Rear brake calipers question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear brake calipers question

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
AIRBORNE
2000 WJ 

Rear brake calipers question

The factory calipers are on this vehicle. Should there be silver metal "sliders" for the rear pads? There were none on the vehicle when I took the old pads off. I bought a kit from Auto Zone that was supposed to have these for these calipers. Yeah, they are definitely not for these calipers. I reinstalled the new brake pads (without the sliders) and rotors, and the brakes feel okay. I was just wondering if I should pull it back apart if the silver sliders are supposed to be in there. I am about done with Auto Zone here. They sold me one brake pad set (the right one) and then two hours later as I was tearing it apart I noticed there were no sliders. I called AutoZone to ask about this, and they asked for the pad number (which I read to them). The guy said these were the wrong brake pads for my WJ. I explained to him that I just bought them there earlier that morning. He argued with me, even thought I told him they were an exact match for the ones I just removed.
I am glad we have very knowledgeable people on this forum who don't mind sharing their knowledge

AIRBORNE is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.