Rear brake caliper install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear brake caliper install

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 11-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
heitzman
2002 WJ 

Rear brake caliper install

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Can anyone tell me how to install the spring/ clip that is on the outside edge of the rear calipers? Thank you

heitzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
heitzman
2002 WJ 

Can anyone help me please?
Unread 11-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #3
ronj35
2000 WJ 

This part can be tricky. I dont know of a tutorial or a video to show you but essentially you're trying to install the clip one half at a time. Start by putting one part of the clip in the hole in the caliper and then flex/rotate the clip to get it to seat in the other hole by hand or with pliers. It can help when putting the clip into the second hole to lightly tap the clip into the hole with a hammer and then bend the "ear" to its final resting place on the caliper bracket. Use the front brakes or the other side of the rear brakes as a reference too, so you know how the clip should look when its seated properly
ronj35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Brake Rotor and Pad Install

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
heitzman
2002 WJ 

Thanks guys. I did one end of the clip/ spring and put the the other end in the hole and used a large C-clamp to hold it in and pried the clip/ spring into position with a screw driver.
Unread 11-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
mycreativename
1999 WJ 

I've always just used needle nose pliers. The clips have never been even remotely too difficult to do that way.
mycreativename is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.