RB1 issue thats driing me crazy - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > RB1 issue thats driing me crazy

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 02-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #16
Bermuda39

RB 1 Disc Error

Thanks for all the input on RB1 radio......I have tried all but failed what is my next step that would not be so expensive.
I have bought a new Nav disc, the last release Part # 05064033AL from 2013 on ebay, then I cleaned the lens with alcohol and q-tips and then used compressed air in the unit which was very clean and my last attempt was to buy a DVD/CD lens cleaner. I still have the same problem from when I started out......*Reading disc error message* What would be my next step before I purchase a new unit. Please help me out. Thanks !

Bermuda39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 08:19 AM   #17
Modeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thank you to those that came up with this and a special thanks for the above photo. I forgot to take one as I was disassembling mine.

I found an easier method to hold the lower of the three pieces up while reattaching them together, thread. I took a long length, about 20" or so and taped it to the rear surface of the unit. I then threaded through the little slot on the end opposite the screw and then back under the raised area where the screw goes. I taped the free end to the back of the unit as well. I inserted the lower metal piece through the opening and kept hold of the thread "loop" that was on the side towards the front of the radio. Keeping tension on the thread kept the piece up and allowed me to add the black plastic disk, insert the top metal part and then screw the assembly together.

I quick test showed that it is, at least for now, back to a working state.

Again, thanks all.
Unread 10-04-2014, 02:09 PM   #18
fiveseven15
2000 WJ 

Is the screw at the 6 o'clock position in the picture above? I got that far but after that couldn't figure out what to do. I wasn't sure what should or shouldn't come off. I blew some dust out and it seems to work okay now but I'd rather do the proper cleaning
fiveseven15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.