Radio help needed. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Radio help needed.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 03-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
Jeep32
2002 WJ 

Wj Radio help needed.

Hello Jeep Forum,

I have a '02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the upgraded stock radio but with aftermarket speakers. it has developed a problem where when I am accelerating the radio static’s away. When I first start the Jeep same problem. Radio goes almost dead with static when this happens. Does not do this when off but in accessory. oh yea, doesnt matter if its on am/fm/cd/cd changer

Unread 03-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
pdpunome
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep32 View Post
Hello Jeep Forum,

I have a '02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the upgraded stock radio but with aftermarket speakers. it has developed a problem where when I am accelerating the radio static’s away. When I first start the Jeep same problem. Radio goes almost dead with static when this happens. Does not do this when off but in accessory. oh yea, doesnt matter if its on am/fm/cd/cd changer
Make sure everything is grounded. There are instances where the engine ground strap breaks and causes static.
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

triple check all your grounds...
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
wjguru86

I no understand. when you accelerate the static goes away? when you start the start the jeep theres static? the radio goes dead with static? it doesnt do it when the radios off?
Agreed with checking grounds. try making your own grounds for the radio and amp. if there is a bad factory ground this will fix that. If new grounds do not correct the problem it is most likely a failing component. either the radio or amp.
wjguru86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #5
dsodko
2002 WJ 

Wj Grounds

Factory Service Manual states there should be a ground from the exhaust pipe to the cross member to the transmission/transfer case page 8-16,17 V8. Also two studs on the intake manifold are grounded to the firewall for radio static suppression !
dsodko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #6
dsodko
2002 WJ 

Wj

Have you pulled the radio from the dash to check for a ground from the radio to the frame ? It could be loose.
dsodko is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.