Questions on WJ's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Questions on WJ's

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 10-29-2003, 10:28 AM   #1
bluebird_281

Questions on WJ's

Hey, my girlfriend really likes the 99 on up grand cherokee limiteds and I've never owned a Jeep. I didn't know what to look for when I start to look in them, if there are things natorious for going wrong, etc. I know I want one with a V-8, and I heard there are different sizes. Can someone please tell me the different sizes in c.i. and the horses for each one.

Thanks for the time,
James B

bluebird_281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2003, 10:33 AM   #2
mikkjroverland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird_281
Hey, my girlfriend really likes the 99 on up grand cherokee limiteds and I've never owned a Jeep. I didn't know what to look for when I start to look in them, if there are things natorious for going wrong, etc. I know I want one with a V-8, and I heard there are different sizes. Can someone please tell me the different sizes in c.i. and the horses for each one.

Thanks for the time,
James B
go to www.wjjeeps.com and anything you would ever want to know about the wj (1999 Grand Cherokee - 2004) will be answered.
[COLOR=navy]fully loaded, and then some. it does everyting but wipe your @ss. [/COLOR] K&N FIPK,
Borla Cat-Back, Yakima Load Warrior custom lo profile mount, JL audio stealthbox and amp.
Old man Emu HD springs lift, OME SS,
OME shocks, 265/65/17 Bridgestone revo's
1"Rear/1.5"Front spacers=~3"lift
mikkjroverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2003, 06:25 PM   #3
madmanfrommars

Different sizes? O_O

Well what do you want to know? The jeep is an amazing car, and will definatly last you a long time. The v-8 is a powerful engine, and the car itself is comfortable, smooth, and safe.

Ugh sorry I didn't get what you meant by different sizes at first.

Two different versions of the v-8 available.

Standard 4.7 litre v-8. 245 horsepower (very nice engine)

High Output 4.7 litre v-8. 265 horsepower. Great engine, and very powerful.

As long as you get one of the two v-8s (and not the I-6), you'll be happy with them.

Oh and make sure you get 4X4.

[URL=http://staff.filesnetwork.com/madman/CIMG1846.JPG]Illuminating the Night[/URL]

As far as I know, I'm the only person to own a flame red liberty with the light bar, and until someone disproves that to me, I'm going to enjoy it.

Last edited by madmanfrommars; 10-29-2003 at 06:27 PM..
madmanfrommars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2003, 06:49 PM   #4
BostonBull
2004 WJ 

BT MAdman.
The V-8 is the way to go.

I would try for one with up-country suspension and even possibly the overland edition. It has all the skids already, the HO V-8, and it looks way nicer imo.

* Its a Jeep, SUV, or some times evn a truck but Never reffered to as a CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[SIZE=3][FONT=franklin gothic medium][COLOR=red][B] 81[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
BostonBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2003, 08:33 PM   #5
Red Menace

IMO, I would stay away from 99. First year, too many bugs.
Red Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2003, 12:32 AM   #6
Ryan2son

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

My 1999 has 60K miles on it with N-O P-R-O-B-L-E-M-S.

Bottom line is to have a qualified mechanic check it out (as you should with ANY used vehicle purchase).

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
4x4, 4.7 V8, Quadratrac II, Loaded

A Hail the Mighty Philadelphia Eagles!
Ryan2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2003, 12:28 PM   #7
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

I've got a buddy with a 6inch lift on a WJ. So, if you have questions, ask Mike at navysar2000@yahoo.com

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.