Question for the Quadra Drive guys - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Question for the Quadra Drive guys

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #31
lazyWJ
2002 WJ 

Sounds like it's probably working OK, if it wasn't then the rears would just keep spinning. As the front grabs you won't usually see them "spin" rather it just prevents the rear from spinning as much or at all. I like the QD system and I have to say that I even prefer it to my Subarus in the winter, granted it's apples and oranges. I find it has a tendency to understeer unless you drive it aggressively, but once you gain some confidence in the system then aggressive driving is a snap.

"Bought, Not Built"
lazyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 05:15 AM   #32
AIRBORNE
2000 WJ 

Main reason I got the Jeep is due to the winters here. I also live up a huge hill and I slid backwards down it in my Duramax, and was lucky not to wreck. I want something a little better suited to handle the cold months. Fingers crossed that this Jeep does ok
AIRBORNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 05:43 AM   #33
TeleBruce
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRBORNE View Post
Main reason I got the Jeep is due to the winters here. I also live up a huge hill and I slid backwards down it in my Duramax, and was lucky not to wreck. I want something a little better suited to handle the cold months. Fingers crossed that this Jeep does ok
I bought the same Jeep to go TO West VA when it snows. When everything works it as awesome!
I had a similar problem with mine, and would recommend what others have said:
Change the fluid in the transfer case 247 Mopar fluid ONLY and no additives.
Change the fluid in both the front and rear differential with the correct amount of the Mopar friction additive.
It will not be cheap. but you've got all summer to do it.
If the Quadradrive is working for you it's the best around. Unfortunately for me, (or fortunately depending on your viewpoint) I changed the fluid in the transfer case and it was jet black. Previous owner probably never changed it in 10 years. The Quadradrive worked intermittently afterward, and I ended up swapping the tcase with the 242, which is the mechanical one. The reason why I swapped the t case is the clutch parts were $600.00, but a used case with a warranty and drive shaft was half that.
Last year I was ahead of the plows in Canaan :-)
Point is: change your fluids. test it. If the tcase is toast, there are alternatives.
Here's a site that you should keep around. Lots of good info on the WJ series of Jeeps
http://www.wjjeeps.com/
Even with all it's quirks, my WJ is the nicest car I've owned.
TeleBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 05:58 AM   #34
-OIIIIIIIO-01
2001 WJ 

Sounds like the progressive clutch, but the whole grass thing has me for a loop. Take it to a shop, they can inform you of your problem quicker than us "yahoo's" (j/k) who can't even see it.

I had the same problem with mine (progressive clutch) and good thing it was under warranty! $$$$ lol.

Good luck!
-OIIIIIIIO-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #35
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Just remember after the fluid change to do tight figure 8's to purge all the air out of the pumps.
86cj74.2L is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.