Question about putting BBs on with Struts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Question about putting BBs on with Struts?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 03-13-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
EricF07
2004 WJ 

Question about putting BBs on with Struts?

Hi there everyone. I was going to sell my Jeep but I decided to keep her for now. Bought her in 07 off lease with 29k on it and kept it stock so far and i have 88K on it now. I am looking into a two inch BB Leveling Kit and I am going to put some KYB Gas Shocks front and rear on considering there still stock. Is there anything else I should do to it? or are these two thing good?

Eric F

EricF07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
Mgilles
1999 WJ 

It will sit high in the front since the jeep is only raked about 1" in the front. Quit being a women and buy all four. just my 2 cents
Mgilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2010, 12:19 AM   #3
kirbWJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

yea, go with all 4. definetly worth it! im going to go with the rough country 2" BB, they come with the rough country 8000series hydro shocks (i believe). gives the WJ better clearance (that 2 inches with 31s really helps), and everyone knows... a stock jeep just looks funny!
kirbWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2010, 02:00 PM   #4
EricF07
2004 WJ 

I am going with all four. I said i was doing A TWO INCH BB leveling kit. Read the words in my original post. I am right in how i worded it. And I was just wondering if the struts are too short with a 2" BB lift?
EricF07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 12:25 AM   #5
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF07 View Post
I am going with all four. I said i was doing A TWO INCH BB leveling kit. Read the words in my original post. I am right in how i worded it. And I was just wondering if the struts are too short with a 2" BB lift?
struts? your jeep doesn't have have struts, but if you are referring to the shock length, stock length will work, but it would be better to get the proper length shocks.
Unread 03-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #6
rlavoie910
2004 WJ 

edit:nvm bought in 07, i cant read, and they're called schocks not struts.
Unread 03-15-2010, 08:22 AM   #7
ruggedscotsman
2000 WJ 

says he bought it IN 07.... but you're right, he still may be in the wrong place.

Also, OP: a leveling kit usually refers to spacers you would add to only the front or rear to level the vehicle to level the rake, which is why you were getting corrected.
ruggedscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.