Quadra-Trac vs Quadra-Drive - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Quadra-Trac vs Quadra-Drive

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 09-20-2005, 10:05 PM   #16
Bob_V

****** bump

Bob_V is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2005, 09:28 AM   #17
2Grand4s

What the *#%@#* is Quadra Drive # 2 ? ?

My 04 Overland has Quadra Drive ( assume that means version # 1) with vari-lock front and rear axles. What did they add to make it different ? Is the QT2 transfer case different in 06 than it was before ? Hopefully not some electronic gizmo from Inspector Gadget than will fizzle-out when you need it most ! If had wanted that I'd be driving a Honda Pile-of, or the Alabama-Benz !

205,000 miles on the '94, 2500 Miles on the '04
2Grand4s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2005, 10:30 AM   #18
Jetjock16

Hello guys, im new, and ive been out of jeeps for many years, but now my wife wants an 01/02 Grand.... My last one was a 94 Grand 4x4, with V8, back then you could not get the V8 with selectable 4x4/4x2... is that still the case for these? im looking at used rigs, i have learned allot from your posts.. is there any versions with V8 in 01/02 where you can run in rear wheel drive, and then select 4x4, this would save on gas, and front u-joints, but since it will be for my wife, i guess id probably rather have the All time 4x4/AWD.... just trying to learn... Soo from this post, which is better in my shopping "Qaud drive" or "Quad Trac" ? sorry for all the questions but i need to learn QUICK buying this weekend or next.
Jetjock16
Jetjock16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2005, 12:29 PM   #19
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

Selec-trac is the version with the 2x4 option. Quadra series are AWD with different setups in the differentials.
Unread 09-22-2005, 01:30 PM   #20
HemiWay

If you want the really know the difference amongst the 3 drive systems check out this link from www.wkjeeps.com which has the most complete information about the WK.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_4x4.htm
HemiWay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2005, 01:38 PM   #21
HemiWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Grand4s
My 04 Overland has Quadra Drive ( assume that means version # 1) with vari-lock front and rear axles. What did they add to make it different ? Is the QT2 transfer case different in 06 than it was before ? Hopefully not some electronic gizmo from Inspector Gadget than will fizzle-out when you need it most ! If had wanted that I'd be driving a Honda Pile-of, or the Alabama-Benz !
How about putting a sock in it for a change. Myself, and perhaps other WK owners here are getting tired of your underknowledged opinions about the vehicle. If you had ever driven the new electronic QDII system in snow on slippery pavement you wouldn't be making such unsubstantiated statements. But then again, that would mean you would be letting facts get in the way of your opinions.
Unread 09-22-2005, 02:54 PM   #22
2Grand4s

So you're saying its an Inspector Gadget thingy !

Great ! Just one more reason I'm glad I avoided the 05 version.

And for the record, I've driven a jeep for 18 years, done a lot of my own repairs, and admit I'm not a mechanic. . . .BUT FORUMS, like this, are where one is Encouraged to express their opinion. If this was only for people who know all the answers, you'd be the only one posting.

205,000 miles on the '94, 2500 Miles on the '04
2Grand4s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2005, 03:48 PM   #23
HemiWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Grand4s
...BUT FORUMS, like this, are where one is Encouraged to express their opinion. If this was only for people who know all the answers, you'd be the only one posting.
If an expressed opinion is based upon facts then it's an answer. If not, then it is a question not the answer.
Unread 03-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #24
samiam2187
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaineWasHere View Post
V8 WJ= D44a rear axel
I6 WJ no tow pkg= D35c rear axel
I6 WJ w/tow pkg= D44a*

*sometimes they still have the D35c with this set up too... It can really go either way...
Correct on 2 examples. I have an I6 without the factory tow package and I have the D44a in the rear with 3.73 gears. It seems to be a bit rare, but they are out there.
samiam2187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #25
Falkon
2004 WJ 

Wasn't the original question about WJ drive systems? Here is some great info...

Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ - WJ Four-Wheel Drive Systems
Falkon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #26
damon36
2012 JK Wrangler 

Wj

I just noticed a couple of things, ONLY in 2004 they offered a Quadra Trac 1 in the 2004 Laredo with the I6 and uses the NV147 transfer case.....weird as it says it only has 4 wheel drive high. No neutral nor low. NEVER have I seen one. What is it a button like the 2005 on up?

The next thing, this 11 th Grand Cherokee WJ I have is a I6 with the quadra Trac 2 and it has the NV-247 transfer case just like the quadra drive. So what type of transfer case oil should I use, and also on the front and rear diffs I am going with Redline 57914 75W140 GL5 Gear Oil as it already has the limited slip additive. Comments on transfer case oil?
damon36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #27
daman02
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon36 View Post
I just noticed a couple of things, ONLY in 2004 they offered a Quadra Trac 1 in the 2004 Laredo with the I6 and uses the NV147 transfer case.....weird as it says it only has 4 wheel drive high. No neutral nor low. NEVER have I seen one. What is it a button like the 2005 on up?

The next thing, this 11 th Grand Cherokee WJ I have is a I6 with the quadra Trac 2 and it has the NV-247 transfer case just like the quadra drive. So what type of transfer case oil should I use, and also on the front and rear diffs I am going with Redline 57914 75W140 GL5 Gear Oil as it already has the limited slip additive. Comments on transfer case oil?
QTII is when they had the low range option. As far as oil only use the mopar oil for the NV247 tc from dealer as it already has the proper amount of friction modifier in it. No one else offers it. DO NOT put anything else in it!!
Unread 10-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #28
AIRBORNE
2000 WJ 

Okay, so now after reading this thread and the clicking the link, I am confused. I have the 2000 WJ LTD, and it says my Quadra Drive was equipped with a "LO, part time"? Mine only has full time Hi and Lo. Was there another configuration?
AIRBORNE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #29
ezflip
NEWS FLASH It snows in MI

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRBORNE View Post
Okay, so now after reading this thread and the clicking the link, I am confused. I have the 2000 WJ LTD, and it says my Quadra Drive was equipped with a "LO, part time"? Mine only has full time Hi and Lo. Was there another configuration?
I feel like ive hopped into my delorean and gone back in time. This thread was from 2005 lol.

Anywho, no, there was no other option. The lo in your "hi and lo" locks the drive shafts together making it a part-time use only setting.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

ezflip is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #30
AIRBORNE
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezflip View Post
I feel like ive hopped into my delorean and gone back in time. This thread was from 2005 lol.

Anywho, no, there was no other option. The lo in your "hi and lo" locks the drive shafts together making it a part-time use only setting.
RGR. That makes sense.
AIRBORNE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.