Purchasing a replacement Jeep soon. Thoughts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Purchasing a replacement Jeep soon. Thoughts?

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 09-17-2014, 07:10 AM   #1
firedan

Wj Purchasing a replacement Jeep soon. Thoughts?

I was in an accident last week and my poor '04 Laredo was totaled for me I am currently looking at this jeep as a replacement (http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...2195/overview/). What are your guys thoughts on the value and mileage at 140XXX+. Thank you for any help.

firedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2014, 07:58 AM   #2
bessyboy
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedan
I was in an accident last week and my poor '04 Laredo was totaled for me I am currently looking at this jeep as a replacement (http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...2195/overview/). What are your guys thoughts on the value and mileage at 140XXX+. Thank you for any help.
I always like to get a carfax when buying used for service history, that being said however I've bought a car with excellent history and it blew up after the first week
Unread 09-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #3
WXman
2001 WJ 

Looks like it's got all the options. Very sharp Jeep right there. Do check the Carfax though...
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #4
BrokeWJ
1999 WJ 

Many dealers use Autocheck since they don't get charged for it- it'd be a good idea to check the Autocheck and the Carfax just to make sure- Autocheck will have an announcement if it went through an auction and they found unreported damage- such as prior panel replacement or frame damage.

Carfax doesn't always tell you service history. For some reason, some people won't ever go to a dealer and instead have independent shops do the work well and it's never reported on the history. Or, there's also those rare few who do their own work, I have a buddy who's truck doesn't exist according to Carfax- left the dealer, never titled, drove home, oil changed religiously, did an injection pump at 42k, no moving accidents involving other vehicles- doesn't have a single record for all its 50k miles. On the flip hand, sorry dealer service work and general neglect can get one with a good service history. Just because it goes to the dealer doesn't mean they put the right oil in it which can be an issue on these newer motors.

Miles seem high for the price- but it's loaded and it looks sharp. "Average" doesn't have quadradrive, isn't an '04, and isn't that nice.
BrokeWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2014, 06:11 PM   #5
losttech

2000 WJ 

To much 5k is my max for a WJ and if you look you can find them just wait prices cycle.
And I don't trust dealers.
losttech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2014, 12:51 AM   #6
MadderThanMax

I Like it ...looks the part..
MadderThanMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2014, 03:08 AM   #7
Ah673000
2002 WJ 

My '02 Limited with 165 k is very similar.

This Jeep is worth about 5k - 5.5 k in the condition shown .

It should have had both window regulators replaced by now and the blend doors upgraded in the auto climate control system.

It probably has a new radiator . That's it.... The engine and trans are good for 200k if they were taken care of .

A truck this nice probably has maintenance records .
Ah673000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.