Pulling out shorthairs... Window problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Pulling out shorthairs... Window problems

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
gunner_woody

Wj Pulling out shorthairs... Window problems

I have recently aquired a 2001 WJ larado with the 4.7 V-8. Both back windows do not roll up or down with the master switch or the rear switches. This is on BOTH rear windows. The front operate fine and when I try the master sitch for the rear, I can hear what sounds like a solinoid actuating in the door. Any help?

gunner_woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #2
steveridesli
2002 WJ 

go on ebay and order a regulator for each door its like 40 bucks. Or 100 at advanced auto.
either way you can change em in 15 minutes with basically a phillips and vice grips..
i think theres videos or picture walk througghs somewhere even
Mudered Out
steveridesli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
gunner_woody

It just seems odd that both rear windows are out... that is why I am thinking there is another problem, I am going to do some testing tomorrow
gunner_woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
lvum4x4
2001 WJ 

You need to take off the door panels and take a look ...my right rear window never worked so I finally got in there and found that the PO rigged up a PVC pipe to hold the window up because the plastic cable retainer broke (as so many of them do). I found a free fix but you can get replacement regulators for less than $100.00 if it comes to that. Check out my build thread for the free fix if you find that you have the same problem I did.

It only takes a couple of minutes to see what is going on, then you can work your way backwards from the door.

Hope that helps?

Kevin J. Bentley

Bentley Project - Build Thread
lvum4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.