Pulling out shorthairs... Window problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Pulling out shorthairs... Window problems

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
gunner_woody

Wj Pulling out shorthairs... Window problems

I have recently aquired a 2001 WJ larado with the 4.7 V-8. Both back windows do not roll up or down with the master switch or the rear switches. This is on BOTH rear windows. The front operate fine and when I try the master sitch for the rear, I can hear what sounds like a solinoid actuating in the door. Any help?

gunner_woody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #2
steveridesli
2002 WJ 

go on ebay and order a regulator for each door its like 40 bucks. Or 100 at advanced auto.
either way you can change em in 15 minutes with basically a phillips and vice grips..
i think theres videos or picture walk througghs somewhere even
Mudered Out
steveridesli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
gunner_woody

It just seems odd that both rear windows are out... that is why I am thinking there is another problem, I am going to do some testing tomorrow
gunner_woody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
lvum4x4
2001 WJ 

You need to take off the door panels and take a look ...my right rear window never worked so I finally got in there and found that the PO rigged up a PVC pipe to hold the window up because the plastic cable retainer broke (as so many of them do). I found a free fix but you can get replacement regulators for less than $100.00 if it comes to that. Check out my build thread for the free fix if you find that you have the same problem I did.

It only takes a couple of minutes to see what is going on, then you can work your way backwards from the door.

Hope that helps?

Kevin J. Bentley

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/bentley-project-wj-build-thread-870037/#post8032396"]Bentley Project - Build Thread[/URL]
lvum4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.