"Project Camo" Build Revealed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > "Project Camo" Build Revealed

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
RepomanNC
2001 WJ 

"Project Camo" Build Revealed

So after being part of this forum for several months, reading all the post, asking a lot of questions and getting good advice, I'm ready to reveal my build. My Jeep started out as a beaten, rusted 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited that I Repo'd and purchased direct from the dealer for $1500.00 I started with repairing the rusted real quarter panel and dents. I fixed the broken window actuator, replaced all fluids. The oil pan was so rusted that oil was seeping thru so I replaced that. I also replaced the Transmission pan and filters as well. I replaced both rear Axle seals because of a leaking issue on one, brake pads and E-Brake pads, replaced warped front roters. I did a full Camo Wrap on the unit and used Raptor bed liner on the rest. Switched out the headlights with Larado lights and added a Rola roof rack and CB. Last but not least I installed a 3" OME lift with new Bilstein Shocks and Moog TRE. The only thing left that I want to add are new rims and tires, to be coming soon. Thanks to all for your help in making this project sucessful, Thanks to Nick (A.K.A. Kolak) for all your wisdom and all the help with all the parts I purchased. All labor was performed by myslef with the help of my wife when needed.

p8030281.jpg   p8030282.jpg   p8030283.jpg   p8030284.jpg   p8030285.jpg  

p8030286.jpg  
mail-6.jpeg

RepomanNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Hitman-JB
2001 WJ 

Sweet ride!! Love the camo wrap
Hitman-JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

That is going to look real nice when you get the new rims and tires.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
WJefy
2004 WJ 

Wow! That Dub-J looks fantastic! I've often thought about doing the same thing to my Suburban. Where did you get the wrap/bedliner?
Nice job man.
WJefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #5
BigWheel7
1999 WJ 

I love the camo wrap!!

Want to fix the rust on mine and put my wrap on for me?!
BigWheel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #6
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

I can't see it... it disappear

Looks good
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 04:25 AM   #7
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Love the wrap...should have done the hood though IMO. Have been thinking about a full wrap for a while as I have someone who will do it just for the cost of the materials. Been trying to thing of something original though
... thats the hard part.

Good job though!
Unread 08-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #8
SteelBlue_WJ
Web Wheeler

I really dig it! nice work!

2001 Steel Blue WJ Laredo SA 4x4, 3.5" lift, Apperance Package with factory Laredo Steel Blue cladding/leather
Conferr Roof Basket with custom Randy Ellis Design light cage, WAAG grille guard and Hella lots of 500 lights

2004 Wrangler Sport, 2.5" and 31's, nothing special

"For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.' "
John Greenleaf Whittier
SteelBlue_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.