Practical converting to power seats? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Practical converting to power seats?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
outbackmatt

Practical converting to power seats?

My wj has a power driver seat but the passenger side is manual and has no height adjustments which drives me nuts.

Would I be able to swap this into the passenger side using my existing seat or would I have to pull a whole power seat assembly out of a junk yard? I see the problem is my seat does not have any controls to operate it if I were to swap in just the power base.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-Seat-Po...6de1c1&vxp=mtr

outbackmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

You can swap the bases and use the same seat. You'll need a new bezel for the switches, and the switches themselves. Pretty easy job.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
outbackmatt

Thanks!
outbackmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #4
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Real easy to do. Go to www.wjjeeps.com and look for the write up on doing just that. Good luck.
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 12:54 AM   #5
new2site
2002 WJ 

I got my roof racks from that SAME GUY....he always has a bunch of WJ parts on ebay....reasonable prices too. Shipping's on the high side though...gotta email him and negotiate on that.
new2site is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.