power window issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > power window issue

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 07-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #1
alisa65
1979 CJ7 

power window issue

I had issues rolling down my windows on my 2000 jeep GC. I checked the boot (drivers side) and found a broken wire that had been previously repaired but did not hold. Some other wires were also broken. The main wire that goes into the connector was too short to repair and that connector that goes into the door is loose. I think I need a new connector. It is a oblong shaped connector that goes to a black regulator(?) within the door. The boot actually snaps onto that connector I need. Any ideas of what I am looking for in a part?

alisa65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Check all the other doors too.
jserna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

Probably a dealer only item unless you go to a junk yard. I replaced the door harness on my XJ and it cost me $245, then the XJ got totaled that weekend.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

I went out and looked at mine in my '04 and pulled it as best as I could. The door harness feeds into the cabin directly into a major wire harness. No connector inside the cabin. I cut it out as close as I could to the main harness. Here are some pics of it. I repaired the big black wire before and there are a couple of more that need repair as the shielding is cracked. I will repair it if you want, using solder and heat shrink. $75 shipped to you.
door-wire-harness-001.jpg

door-wire-harness-002.jpg

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #5
Schlotzky
2004 WJ 

You couldn't extend the existing wires and solder/heat-shrink it together? I repaired a few wires in my door boot and extended them both a few inches with flexible speaker wire of the same gauge and soldered and heat shrunk them and they're doing great a year later.
Schlotzky is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.