Power Window Fuse Location? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Power Window Fuse Location?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
HondaPeople
2001 WJ 

Power Window Fuse Location?

Hey all,

I just did a forum search and was unable to locate the power window fuse location. All of my power windows stopped working. Any ideas? Thank you!

Unread 06-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
4Tom
2001 WJ 

Under your hood beside battery is power distribution panel fuse number 12
50amp see photo attached.

http://www.wjjeeps.com/fuses.htm if you need more information

Best of luck !
image-524925450.jpg  

Tom
4Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
HondaPeople
2001 WJ 

Thank you sooooo much! Unfortunately, doesn't seem to be a fuse problem... not sure what it could be?
Unread 06-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
4Tom
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaPeople
Thank you sooooo much! Unfortunately, doesn't seem to be a fuse problem... not sure what it could be?
Ensure battery connections are good and tight.
It is know for the earth wire to break in wiring harness going into the doors.
Most likely drivers door.
Pull back the rubber cover and check for broken wires.

Tom
4Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #5
jplemmons30

windows and locks

I have an 04 jeep grand Cherokee the other day the power locks stopped work and the windows did at the same time. Any ideas
jplemmons30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #6
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

Most of the time these problems are caused by a broken wire in the rubber boot between the door and the body. Pull the boot back and you will probably find your problem.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #7
moparJR

window problem

I have an 04 just fixed exact problem. Inside the door boot big black wire broke in 2. Heat shrink connector and its fixed.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #8
Girth2k1

On my 2004 the wire was Orange with a white stripe. But problem has been repaired

Thanks everybody
Girth2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2014, 11:04 AM   #9
smgracy

I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the same problem. Checked the wiring, had a broken wire, fixed the wire. Battery connection was loose, fixed that. Checked fuses, nothing was blown. What do I do now? Really do not want to have to spend the money taking it to a dealer. Any help would be appreciated.
smgracy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2014, 05:10 PM   #10
kfitzwphd
2004 WJ 

Wj Thanks!

Broken Black wire on passenger door, soldered new piece in, Pass side window and door locks back on.
kfitzwphd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #11
litlbug23
2006 WJ 

Windows not working

Hello I seem to be having the same issues! I had the driver's side window switch replace because my windows weren't working on all four doors. The power locks and mirrors still worked. I could not get the passenger window up and the window lock was off. The only thing I do hear when I'm driving is what seems to be a "clicking" sound coming from the drivers side either door or under the steering wheel perhaps? I'm not really sure. Firestone said they looked at the fuse and it was ok. but it's happening again. After I hear this clicking noise the windows then work again so it's not the switch. Does anyone have any ideas??

I have a 2006 Jeep grand cherokee laredo.

Thank you!!!
litlbug23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2014, 03:21 PM   #12
Pro69Camaro
2007 JK Wrangler 

My wife complained to me of the power windows not working on her 2002 WJ, so I confirmed the power windows didn't work, and neither did the power mirrors. Hoping for the easy fix, I checked the fuse, but no dice, it was fine. I pulled back the boot between the body and driver-side door as suggested above, and sure enough, found the thicker black wire was completely split. I stripped a little off each broken end, then crimped on an electrical connector, and we're back in business.
Pro69Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2014, 06:42 PM   #13
kfitzwphd
2004 WJ 

I posted about my passenger side Black wire breaking on June 7, 2014. Well....My windows stopped working and the locks stopped on the driver side. I pulled back the boot and sure enough the Black wire was broken. This one had a wrinkle; The thick orange wire with a stripe (forget color) was also broken! I fixed this...but a warning; this wire is hot even with key off (my strippers got nailed, luckily they were shielded); be careful (like I wasn't at first). Also, a small wire was broken too. I fixed them all and everything is back to normal. I recommend disconnecting battery if you work on any of these wires other than the black (which is apparently the ground). Kevin
kfitzwphd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #14
commanderson

You guys are amazing - mine are broken too (black wires and the orange/blue one) . The boot seems to be a pain in the ***, did you take it off to fix? If so, how?

Thanks in advance. (06' Commander)
commanderson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2014, 08:37 PM   #15
jyduffy

I have similar problems but more confusing......
Driver side windows and power mirror are working, Passenger side are not
All fuses are intact. Wiring inside boot appears good although black was previously repaired.
I will 're-repair' black wire tomorrow but are there any other ideas as well?
Thanks in advance for any help any of you can give

2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo
jyduffy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.