POWER steering leak! please help, im mad. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > POWER steering leak! please help, im mad.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCustom Axle Work at CCOR

Unread 01-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #1
XJ57
2001 WJ 

POWER steering leak! please help, im mad.

OK i have a 01 GC 4.7 with hydraulic fan, so just replaced my power steering pump with reservoir and pulley, now i used the mopar fluid and everything. Did the lock to lock procedure and everything. Still whines anddddd its pissing fluid when running. cant figure out from where. i checked all the lines and none of them seem to be leaking. All i can see is that its leaking off the oil filter and dripping down to the ground. ???? IDK where its coming from. Ive laid under the car starring at it and above starring at it.

XJ57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 10:50 PM   #2
Akrobatiks
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ57 View Post
OK i have a 01 GC 4.7 with hydraulic fan, so just replaced my power steering pump with reservoir and pulley, now i used the mopar fluid and everything. Did the lock to lock procedure and everything. Still whines anddddd its pissing fluid when running. cant figure out from where. i checked all the lines and none of them seem to be leaking. All i can see is that its leaking off the oil filter and dripping down to the ground. ???? IDK where its coming from. Ive laid under the car starring at it and above starring at it.
I had a similar problem... Turned out to be a faulty pump...
Akrobatiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #3
XJ57
2001 WJ 

where would it be coming from though? did you ever find out? cause the pump isnt wet at all, ive laid under it while its running starring at it to see if i can see where the **** its coming from....
XJ57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #4
Akrobatiks
2001 WJ 

Well the first time I got it fixed I got all new hoses, a serpantine belt, H20 Pump, power steering pump, 02 sensor, and oil change. It held up for a few months, had occasional very small leaks here and there that frustrated me completly.... Also during which time my front differential seized up coming back from Colorado, which totally sucked. After sinking that much money into it already I just went ahead decided to put a lift on, during which my mechanic found the newly replaced power steering pump leaking out of the housing. He said it was a bad seal and the pump needed to be replaced. It didnt look wet at all when I saw the part but Im not sure how wet it was though when he took it out. Since he replaced it last month I havent had any problems as of yet.... Hope that helps a bit...
Akrobatiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #5
Mcdunn
2004 WJ 

High Pressure Power Steering line... It is on top of the pump. will leak down on the oil filter...
04 WJ Special Edition, 4.7, 4" Zone Lift, 1.5" RC Wheel Spacers, 265/75/16 MTR TreadWrights, Custom Rock Sliders, Adj Trac Bar, 15% tint, 3" Exhaust Y-pipe Back w/ Magnaflow, De-badged, Tinted Taillights, Rola Rack, Pro Comp Lights, Hi-lift, 6000k HID's.
Mcdunn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.