Power steering hose help on 4.7 WJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Power steering hose help on 4.7 WJ

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 06-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #16
adwsys
2002 WJ 

Wj

I'm aware of that. It just seemed to me that it wasn't getting enough of a grip on the pump housing as it appeared to be bottomming out after about 1 - 1 & 1/2 turns. Given what I've since read that was probably incorrect & if I'd forced it with a spanner it would have went in some more, but I was afraid of it being cross-threaded. As it was, once I'd cleaned up the threads I was able to screw it in by hand & I was much happier with that.

Andrew

adwsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #17
ScottRoz

Andrew, thanks for posting your experience with this.
I just went through the same thing here with my 2002 WJ. I ended up having to cut off a small ring from the nut as well.

Scott
ScottRoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 03:56 AM   #18
adwsys
2002 WJ 

Glad to hear it helped Scott. Although, when you pay 100 for a part you shouldn't have to go to such lengths to make it fit.

Andrew
adwsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 06:42 AM   #19
Jeepwagons
2000 WJ 

Just did this yesterday! Removed the top radiator hose and the airbox and everything went smoothly. Took about 1 hour including the reassembly of the removed parts.

Edit: Autozone had the high pressure hose for about $30 and it was a perfect match.
Jeepwagons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
high pressure hose , hydraulic steering hose , power steering , power steering hose , steering , steering hose , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.