power steering fluid - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > power steering fluid

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-13-2014, 12:21 AM   #1
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

power steering fluid

anyone know the part number for the proper fluid for an 04 4.7 limited? parts guy said there was 2 fluids available. wasn't really filled with confidence with this guy. also any aftermarket fluid that would be useable? tks all.

pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 12:39 AM   #2
nmay
2001 WJ 

Can look on here for it
http://www.wjjeeps.com/service/maintenance_wj.htm
nmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 05:43 AM   #3
pdpunome

2000 WJ 

I have a new unopened 1qt available which I am selling on ebay or on here, but it is the same part # for both 4.0 and 4.7's. Myn is Mopar. PM me if your interested.
Unread 01-13-2014, 07:37 AM   #4
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Go to the parts store and look for the Valvoline PS fluid in the white bottle, it says right on the back that it meets Mopar fluid spec MS5931, if you have an Advance nearby their house branded fluid is GTG as well. O'Reilly sells the MasterPro brand of fluid that meets the correct specs also. Any of these options should only run you $5-$6 a quart, vs. whatever inflated price the dealer is wanting to charge you.

There's plenty of threads on here discussing the viability of the options I just mentioned. Do a little searching.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 09:32 AM   #5
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Go to the parts store and look for the Valvoline PS fluid in the white bottle, it says right on the back that it meets Mopar fluid spec MS5931, if you have an Advance nearby their house branded fluid is GTG as well. O'Reilly sells the MasterPro brand of fluid that meets the correct specs also. Any of these options should only run you $5-$6 a quart, vs. whatever inflated price the dealer is wanting to charge you.

There's plenty of threads on here discussing the viability of the options I just mentioned. Do a little searching.
What he said, excellent post. I have used both the Valvoline and the MasterPro he mentioned from O'Reilly's they are fairly affordable and easy to find. The key is to look for "meets or exceeds MS5931" on the bottle. Lots of generic multi purpose products will use vague language like "suitable for" "replacement for" Chrysler yada yada yada. Nope!
Unread 01-13-2014, 11:39 AM   #6
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

tks all.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.